AustralianAngling

Inboard diesel great with a shaft twins standard, with a leg forget it better to stay with a 4 stroke outboard and twins for far offshore work or at least an auxiliary.
Do not rely on Coast guard to come save you.

mark gaal

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Carrying so much fuel, sleeping facilities for overnight stays out of the weather,rod storage of the type everyone would like would take up a fair bit of room especially with 3 anglers,etc etc, you would end up with a boat that would not be a suitable casting platform and more than likely be so large, have too much draft to allow you to get into shallow reef areas etc, weight would also be a major consideration, especially if you had to trailer it and  if it was legal.Few makers have a centre cab that you can actually sleep in, fisher is one that i know of but it ain't no casting rig. I spend stacks of time on boats and size to size glass is quieter and more comfortable. You would probably end up with something that should be "moored". I think a well set up 28 footer with some of the inclusions some have suggested here would be a good place to start, I'm a fan of flat decks, padded coamings is a great idea, good electronics and an auxilliary motor, and good storage out of the way with easy acess, the boat has to work in real fishing situations, location might come into the equation as well. I would like to think that any decent boat would have most of the aforementioned items like deck washes , two batts and such, my old boat did. I just sold a platey consol and though it was short on shelter etc, it was one hell of a good functional fishing platform, and at the end of the day that's what I wanted from it. Actually I think we would all be happy with a Viking 60, reckon that would tick all the boxes. :)
Last Edit: January 31, 2011, 08:35:36 PM by mark gaal