Jay Burgess

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Fisherman Popper Defect
February 11, 2009, 04:39:31 PM
A mate was telling me that he purchased a fisherman popper and when he went to attach a split ring/hook on the belly swivel it fell out of the lure. It seems that when it was manufactured the wire through didn't go through the swivel. Anybody else seen this?

Brandon Khoo

• Foundation Moderator
  • Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
Re: Fisherman Popper Defect
February 11, 2009, 05:01:55 PM
Hi jay

I have indeed had this happen to me with a Fisherman in the past. I have also had it heppen with some other brands.

A mate was telling me that he purchased a fisherman popper and when he went to attach a split ring/hook on the belly swivel it fell out of the lure. It seems that when it was manufactured the wire through didn't go through the swivel. Anybody else seen this?
If it swims; I want to catch it!

Jay Burgess

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
February 11, 2009, 05:07:20 PM
Hi jay

I have indeed had this happen to me with a Fisherman in the past. I have also had it heppen with some other brands.

Must be a little more common than I first thought  ;D

Anyway, here's a pic for those interested.

Peter Morris

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
February 11, 2009, 05:40:38 PM
I had the exact same thing happen to me with a 'Blackjack' stickbait... >:(

I wasnt to happy considering the cost.

Pete

Luke Wyrsta

• Administrator
  • Giant Trevally
  • GTPopping.com Founder
  • GT Monster
  • Liked:
February 11, 2009, 05:56:02 PM
Can take a bit of mucking around and not perfect...but a loop of heavy duty crimped wire passed around the through-wire is a work around. Relegate the popper for less strenuous duties though.

Jon Li

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
February 11, 2009, 06:18:33 PM
Should be able to get a replacement from Fisherman , if you buy it thru an agent in OZ then the agent should be able to replace it with a good one and they can deal with the manufacturer ( in this case Fisherman ) for this case of QC failure .

Jon .
It's not what you don't know that gets you into trouble , it's what you know for sure that ain't so . Mark Twain .

Chris Young

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
February 11, 2009, 07:11:02 PM
I have seen the same thing once before on another brand stickbait and as Jon said it was dealt with between the retailer and manufacturer. I can see no problems with getting it replaced but if for some unknown reason it can't be :'( I can rewire it for you for a small fee ;)

Cheers

Angus Hulme

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
February 13, 2009, 11:13:39 AM
Yeah Chris, it certainly doesn't happen if you make your own, does it? ;) It's the most important thing I make sure is correct when making a lure.

Brandon Khoo

• Foundation Moderator
  • Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
February 13, 2009, 12:27:56 PM
I can report that even the Fullscale prototypes are made with great TLC - absolutely impossible this could ever happen

Yeah Chris, it certainly doesn't happen if you make your own, does it? ;) It's the most important thing I make sure is correct when making a lure.

Andre van Wyk

• Dogtooth Tuna
  • DARK CONTINENT DARKSTAR RIDER
  • Liked:
February 13, 2009, 06:23:30 PM
Angus - Are those your poppers and STickbaits in your Avatar mate? Care to send me a bigger pic of those to look at? Look awesome!

Chris - Are your FullScales available through Fishhead?
To Ride, Shoot Straight and Speak the Truth...

Brandon Khoo

• Foundation Moderator
  • Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
February 13, 2009, 08:16:45 PM
Andre - they are indeed available through Fishhead

Angus Hulme

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
February 14, 2009, 01:49:29 PM
Angus - Are those your poppers and STickbaits in your Avatar mate? Care to send me a bigger pic of those to look at?

yep Andre, they are. I've sent you an email with some bigger pics, along with my standard waffling words, mate  ;) Let me know what you reckon.

Cheers
Angus

Andre van Wyk

• Dogtooth Tuna
  • DARK CONTINENT DARKSTAR RIDER
  • Liked:
February 15, 2009, 11:36:36 PM
Angus those are awesome buddy!!!! FANTASTIC.... I knew you were coming along with your building, but didn't realise how quickly or how far!!!!

Very nice bro, I'm well impressed!!! Looking forward to seeing the pic of your first 25 kilo Plus GT you take on one of your homemades bro!!!

Keep it up!
To Ride, Shoot Straight and Speak the Truth...

Gordon Low

February 16, 2009, 01:22:52 PM
Andre,

Chris's Fullscale poppers are quickly becoming popular. Especially when people see the build quality and pics of the fish that have been taken on them.

We've got a few left in stock here at Fishhead now with another order arriving shortly (Chris, I'll shout coffee when you get here... ;D :D).

If you're interested drop us an email at the shop ([email protected])and I can let you know what colours/sizes we have available.

Cheers,
Gordon

Andrew Poulos

• Dogtooth Tuna
  • Liked:
February 16, 2009, 02:45:02 PM
Could we get some pics of them as well...