Brock Arifovic

• Dogtooth Tuna
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Availability of Carpenter rods
February 16, 2009, 07:44:34 PM
Mick,

You are desperate for Carpenters aren't you? What are you after?

Andy Rowe

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
February 16, 2009, 07:50:45 PM
hey jay

did you sell/trade/swap the rod with andy or not ??

Mick, No deals yet these 2 rods are available potentially for swapping and definitely for sale at AUD1000 each. Both rods brand new and unused. I will also be posting details for a bunch of other gear for sale next week including shimano, daiwa, and 7 seas along with some other bits and pieces.

I will be in Aussie in late April to go to the coral sea, so my plan was to bring down some pre-sold gear and save on shipping if i get any buyers that is.

PS Brock did you get my last email?

Last Edit: February 16, 2009, 07:52:54 PM by Andy Rowe
Set the ray to GeeT

Mick Cunningham

• Dogtooth Tuna
  • Liked:
February 16, 2009, 08:01:37 PM
hey jay

Mick, No deals yet these 2 rods are available potentially for swapping and definitely for sale at AUD1000 each. Both rods brand new and unused. I will also be posting details for a bunch of other gear for sale next week including shimano, daiwa, and 7 seas along with some other bits and pieces.

I will be in Aussie in late April to go to the coral sea, so my plan was to bring down some pre-sold gear and save on shipping if i get any buyers that is.

PS Brock did you get my last email?

no worrie,s sound good andy .

umm may i ask you is the CV79/35RF rod for stickbait only ??
and also will this be a good match to the stella 10000 sw model ??
as i just looked it up and notice it,s a pe6 rod .
and also drop me pm on the other,s gear  ;)

cheer,s mick

Mick Cunningham

• Dogtooth Tuna
  • Liked:
February 16, 2009, 08:11:07 PM
Mick,

You are desperate for Carpenters aren't you? What are you after?

hi brock .

i am not in a hurry for them  :D
just slowly building up my gear,s

SP710H-SHP and SP78UHL-SHP.
(brandon will kill me for saying this ... the UHL  ;D ;D

and one carpenter rod to match the  stella 10000 sw reel or twinpower reel too
maybe get different rod like smith or hot or Ocean Revolution
can,t make up my mind on that to fish in pe3-6 class 

cheer,s mick

Andy Rowe

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
February 16, 2009, 08:19:08 PM
Mick,

The 10KSW is made for the coral viper IMO, I put a 10K on the CV79/40RF it is perfectly balanced, I'd almost hate to put a heavier reel on it.

I have only used 130gm stickbaits on my 40 and they go long.

I believe poppers are doable but not heavy chuggers, the lure max is 170gm on the 35.

Cheers
Andy
Last Edit: February 16, 2009, 11:31:24 PM by Andy Rowe
Set the ray to GeeT

Brock Arifovic

• Dogtooth Tuna
  • Liked:
February 16, 2009, 08:24:25 PM
Andy,

Yep

Jay Burgess

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
February 16, 2009, 11:46:53 PM
hey jay

Nah Mick, my SP78H-SHP is too valuable to me! 
Last Edit: February 16, 2009, 11:49:17 PM by Jay Burgess

Brock Arifovic

• Dogtooth Tuna
  • Liked:
February 21, 2009, 04:03:14 PM
Jay,
what other rod do you use for popppers? what reel & line do you use on your SP78H?

Jay Burgess

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
February 22, 2009, 02:19:01 PM
Jay,
what other rod do you use for popppers? what reel & line do you use on your SP78H?

Brock,
I've got a Stella 10000FA on my SP78H which has PE8 YGK castman (100lb). I also have a Komodo Dragon with a SW18000HG and PE10 Varivas.

Andy Rowe

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
February 22, 2009, 02:29:53 PM
Jay,

Brock,
I've got a Stella 10000FA on my SP78H which has PE8 YGK castman (100lb). I also have a Komodo Dragon with a SW18000HG and PE10 Varivas.

Jay, what are the maximum popper lure weights you think suitable/comfortable for the SP78H rod?

Thanks
Andy
Set the ray to GeeT

Jay Burgess

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
February 22, 2009, 03:02:36 PM
Jay,

Brock,

Jay, what are the maximum popper lure weights you think suitable/comfortable for the SP78H rod?

Thanks
Andy

hmmm... I would say around 160g lure weight.

I've used G cups on it but it was pretty difficult.

Jon Li

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
February 22, 2009, 03:40:49 PM
Hi Andy ,

I use lures ranging from 100 gr. to 150 gr. using my SP710H SHP ( extended handle version of SP78H SHP ) but have used 80 gr. pencil popper to a good casting distance when targetting YFT .

As for chugging effectively , I would say lures with mouth having diameter 45 mm is pretty close to the optimum the tip of SP78H SHP can handle , larger diameter may need one to use heavier rods such as SP78EX-H or even SP78UHL SHP .

Jon . 
It's not what you don't know that gets you into trouble , it's what you know for sure that ain't so . Mark Twain .

Andy Rowe

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
February 22, 2009, 03:59:40 PM
Jon / Jay, thanks for your in-put, this will help with packing for future trips. I have a 78-EXH which is an exceptional-heavier popping rod so it will compliment well.

Jon just as a matter of interest, is the longer handle on your SP710H-SHP simply a longer handle or is there some sort of extender on it?

You described it too me before but I forgot the details  :-[ :-[

Thanks
Andy
Set the ray to GeeT

Jon Li

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
February 22, 2009, 04:07:18 PM
Jon / Jay, thanks for your in-put, this will help with packing for future trips. I have a 78-EXH which is an exceptional-heavier popping rod so it will compliment well.

Jon just as a matter of interest, is the longer handle on your SP710H-SHP simply a longer handle or is there some sort of extender on it?

Thanks
Andy

Hi Andy ,

When you get your SP78H SHP , let's meet for a few Bintangs and I will bring my SP710H SHP to compare it with yours , better still let's go fishing together as I think YFTs should be appearing soon in P.Ratu albeit a Japanese expatriate angler reported yesterday the water was not clear due to too much rainfall in the area .

Jon .
It's not what you don't know that gets you into trouble , it's what you know for sure that ain't so . Mark Twain .

Andy Rowe

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
February 22, 2009, 04:56:15 PM

Thanks
Andy

Hi Andy ,

When you get your SP78H SHP , let's meet for a few Bintangs and I will bring my SP710H SHP to compare it with yours , better still let's go fishing together as I think YFTs should be appearing soon in P.Ratu albeit a Japanese expatriate angler reported yesterday the water was not clear due to too much rainfall in the area .

Jon .

Good idea, you name the bar this time.

Encouraging news about the YFT at Ratu...An SP78H may be a few months off arriving in Jakarta for me, BUT....I do have a brand new LR88 which is in serious need of a workout, I'm sure you'll want to land a good YFT with that.

Cheers
Andy
Set the ray to GeeT