any one know whats the max drag rating for this rod and your opinions please
as always thanks .

David Sharples

• Red Bass
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: smith AMJ 52 EX
February 21, 2009, 08:14:01 AM
Around 14KG max. Awesome rod, crazy curve! Nice for 250-35og jigs and PE6.

Got one but not really caught anything that has tested it yet. Still, highly reccomended. Ask Andre to show you the pics of it under load!

Kai Caiyang

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
March 04, 2009, 03:37:44 AM
Around 14KG max. Awesome rod, crazy curve! Nice for 250-35og jigs and PE6.

Got one but not really caught anything that has tested it yet. Still, highly reccomended. Ask Andre to show you the pics of it under load!

I can attest to the crazy curves you can put into it... sometimes unbelievable.

Andre van Wyk

• Dogtooth Tuna
  • DARK CONTINENT DARKSTAR RIDER
  • Liked:
March 04, 2009, 03:52:57 AM
Ask Andre to show you the pics of it under load!

David - I showed him all those pics... and I think thats what convinced him to buy it... its one of the ones from my Stable!!!  8) ;D

Mark - The rod states 14 kilos max on the blank and stat sheets, at 45 degree.... which is a fair amount... I reckon that it could probably be pushed to 16kilos, but not at 45 dgerees, rather at 15 to 25 dgerees....

But in truth there aren't that many yellowfin that will pull over 500 metres of braid off your Stella at 14kilos if you're honest about it...

Persoanlly this rod just blows me away... the craftsmanship is UNREAL, and I love the action and how light it is... Perfect for those Anatahans, Hookers and Sanme's Mark...

You've bought it now anyway buddy, no turning back!!! HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Kidding mate.... heard there were better fish around yesterday in the Canyon... not big numbers but they there...and plenty Longies in the west... might be running on White Marlin on Saturday to go see for ourselves... you running this week?
To Ride, Shoot Straight and Speak the Truth...