Jon Li

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: 2009 Fishing Expeditions
March 02, 2009, 10:06:27 PM
Going to East Borneo next this weekend for blackbass n barramundi at the estuary , if weather holds I will go into the freshwater upper reaches of the river to hunt for hampala n mahseer .

http://beraufishing.blogspot.com/

Jon .
It's not what you don't know that gets you into trouble , it's what you know for sure that ain't so . Mark Twain .

Andre van Wyk

• Dogtooth Tuna
  • DARK CONTINENT DARKSTAR RIDER
  • Liked:
March 03, 2009, 01:44:20 AM
Going to East Borneo next this weekend for blackbass n barramundi at the estuary , if weather holds I will go into the freshwater upper reaches of the river to hunt for hampala n mahseer .

http://beraufishing.blogspot.com/

Jon .

Thats looks AWESOME Jon.. tight lines mate and share some pics with us when you're back..
To Ride, Shoot Straight and Speak the Truth...

Warwick Joyce

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
March 04, 2009, 09:43:49 AM
Only one big trip planned and thats with Nomad in june out to the bugatti reefs, should be an arm stretcher of a trip. ;D

Greg Burt

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
March 04, 2009, 03:26:01 PM
Off to New Caledonia next week with LPB.On a 10 day expedition to the Southern Lagoon and down to Walople Island.
Other two anglers are from France so will be interesting cultural experience. They have fished in madagascar and Djibouti amongst other interesting places.
May go on another Nomad trip later in the year. In between times hope to get a good Yellowtail Kingfish on popper whilst on a livebaiting mission to East Cape in NZ. in April

Good to see you aren't idle Graham  ;D

I have only the April Bugatti trip booked for this year, I want to explore the local possibilities for GT's a bit more, Cape Moreton to the Hards SEQ
Greg 'FFF' Burt

Brock Arifovic

• Dogtooth Tuna
  • Liked:
March 04, 2009, 07:45:12 PM
Bun,

Best of luck at Bugatti, are you on the trip after Gordon?

Greg Burt

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
March 04, 2009, 09:49:52 PM
 Yo Brock, we come after you guys have teased them up for us :D, we'll have a quick meet up on the boat ;D.
 How time flys when it's getting close.
Greg 'FFF' Burt

jarrodday

March 05, 2009, 07:48:52 PM
I'm off to Nel Cal in April....yippee only 4 weeks to go.....not counting or anything.

then, Townsville with a mate and family on the GT'S

then to Canada for Sturgeon, salmon and halibut in October

then open to suggestion.

2011 = Abroholis Island in WA and trying to put together Kuala Rompin trip as I type...

Sachin Chaudhry

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
March 05, 2009, 08:32:17 PM
Place on the island of Vanua Levu, Fiji called Udu Point (pronounced Oondoo). Apparently the GTs there are so big the locals do not even bother to try and catch them. And these guys use 200lb handlines to catch wahoo and big yellowfin.

Travis Heaps

• Dogtooth Tuna
  • Liked:
March 05, 2009, 11:48:52 PM
wow - this site is obviously the domain of millionaires and financially supported homebodies  :o :o :o

Brock Arifovic

• Dogtooth Tuna
  • Liked:
March 06, 2009, 06:14:35 AM
Everyone needs some excuse to get out of the house & away from work, even if itcan become a litttle expensive.

Travis Heaps

• Dogtooth Tuna
  • Liked:
March 06, 2009, 11:01:31 AM
Everyone needs some excuse to get out of the house & away from work, even if itcan become a litttle expensive.

Was said with a fair dash of sarcasm Brock  :D ;) I've got a Nomad trip to Bugatti booked in June, already done a 4 day shoalwater trip in my own boat at the start of the year, off to whistler for some mountain biking come July/August and i'm trying to convince myself that a Fiji popping trip in December is affordable.  Plus plenty of local trips hopefully.  Doesn't make me a millionaire - actually makes me dirt poor  :D :D

Jay Burgess

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
March 06, 2009, 05:54:47 PM
What does it cost to do a Fiji trip compared to say NC?

steve sims

March 06, 2009, 09:20:26 PM
Jay,
I would say that Fiji would be the cheaper option between a few mates given that the Australian dollar is stronger there opposed to the euro
(New Cal) I stayed in Fiji for two weeks and managed to rack up $3500 AUD in fishing charters for only 4 trips.
(3   1/2 day charters)   I would definitely say there was better ways to go about it but most of them were sole charters.
I am going to New Cal in the beginning of May for an extended charter with LPB and given the way the currency has gone, it will cost more from when I booked it 12 months ago, but hopefully after the trip  the only thing I'm crying about is my sore arms!!! I thoroughly enjoyed Fiji and its people and it will certainly not be the last time I go there.
Also off to Karratha in the beginning of August to fish a comp there.

Brock Arifovic

• Dogtooth Tuna
  • Liked:
March 08, 2009, 08:08:04 PM
Travis,

All good mate, we all have to get out of the house & have some fun sometime. i have decided that this is my year to try to fish, Bugatti in 3 weeks, PNG for 2 weeks in June, Bugatti again late July & Cooktown for 2 weeks in early October.

I work, earn money, go fishing. How many of us do it? And then we get a great site like this so as we can share all our pics, fun & experiences with everyone else, in the hope that one day other people can go & do what you have done.

PS: Thanks Luke, Brandon & our main sponsor FishHead, well done

Jay Burgess

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
March 08, 2009, 08:57:03 PM
Jay,
I would say that Fiji would be the cheaper option between a few mates given that the Australian dollar is stronger there opposed to the euro
(New Cal) I stayed in Fiji for two weeks and managed to rack up $3500 AUD in fishing charters for only 4 trips.
(3   1/2 day charters)   I would definitely say there was better ways to go about it but most of them were sole charters.
I am going to New Cal in the beginning of May for an extended charter with LPB and given the way the currency has gone, it will cost more from when I booked it 12 months ago, but hopefully after the trip  the only thing I'm crying about is my sore arms!!! I thoroughly enjoyed Fiji and its people and it will certainly not be the last time I go there.
Also off to Karratha in the beginning of August to fish a comp there.

Thanks for the info mate. I live in Karratha, might see you while you're here.