Fraser Simpson

Re: Have you "stolen" someone else's fish?
March 05, 2009, 09:00:04 AM
A slightly different version of "stealing" but equally painful for me!
Whilst new to the GT thing, me and Stephen (regular on this site) took a trip off Cairns. I was severely undergunned when a 8-10kg GT hit my popper in 2 metres of water with 30lb braid on a Barra rod! Steve did a great job with the boat and I eventually landed the fish.
Steve then "innocently" asked if I could take a photo of him with the fish, and I was happy to oblige. A few weeks later steve was wearing a nice new shirt and baseball cap from a different forum. I asked how he got them, and he sheepishly admitted to winning "fish of the month" WITH MY FISH - LIKE AN IDIOT, I HAD EVEN TAKEN THE PHOTO!!
Steve is a great bloke, but clearly suffers little from guilt, as he steadfastly refused to give up either the shirt or the cap!
Just thought you might all like to know in case you end up on a NOMAD trip and Steve wants a photo of that 35kg trophy!

Stephen Polzin

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
March 05, 2009, 09:19:52 AM
Come on Simmo, your memory must have gone in the tropical sun.  I wouldn't do a thing like that.  (And there was no cap by the way) :)

Cairns Bommie Basher

Fraser Simpson

March 05, 2009, 09:35:28 AM
That is the problem with deceit - you stick to the lies for so long you start to believe them yourself!

I didn't like that shirt anyhow!

PS Guys, what did I tell you about Steve's lack of guilt!

SIMMO

Graham Scott

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
March 05, 2009, 09:39:10 AM
Ok,

I now award the trophy to Stephen.

Brandon you are now relegated to second. Although you stole more, Brandon, I think the devious underhand nature displayed by Stephen sets a new benchmark.

I'll be keeping an eye on my mate as well and see if he turns up in the paper holding a big queenie.