Andre van Wyk

• Dogtooth Tuna
  • DARK CONTINENT DARKSTAR RIDER
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Polarised Glasses
March 16, 2009, 06:44:30 PM
Maui Jim's for me....
The pair I am wearing now I've had for about 8 years, and they have been through hell... I lost my new pair, but these old ones still serve me better than any others I've tried.........
To Ride, Shoot Straight and Speak the Truth...

George Pang

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
March 16, 2009, 10:35:20 PM
Had spotters, very good but lost them on a golden at fraser.

Now I've had a couple of revos, the best i've had. Polarised. Glass. Photochromatic and sandstone lenses. Double hinged.

George

Peter Agapiou

March 17, 2009, 04:42:46 PM
have had old spotters they we really good,but not the new ones,so i have been using costa del mar for 4 years now,have 2 pairs .the best lens i have used for all fishing.i use the anber green mirror ,glass lens and the anber 580 lens.you get them direct from costa del mar web site,cost is the same as spotters.very durable lenses

Warwick Joyce

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
March 25, 2009, 08:09:56 PM
has anyone by chance tried on a pair of the costa del mar "permit" model specs? I am keen in a pair however they say the frame is large??? I have never seen a size rating on sunnys before.

Peter Agapiou

March 25, 2009, 11:02:28 PM
I HVE 3 PAIRS OF THE GRAND CATALINA ,THEY FIT WELL ,AND I DO NOT  HAVE A REALLY BIG HEAD,GO TO FRAMES DIRECT ONLINE THEY WILL HELP YOU ON SIZES,THEY UNREAL POLARISED GLASSES BUT BE SURE AND GET GLASS LENS,IN AMBER. ALL THE MIRRORS ARE AMBER.4 YEARS NO SCRATCHS.THE BIGGER LENS THE BETTER FIELD OF VIEW ALSO LESS BASE CURVE,LESS DISTORTION.STAY AWAY FROM POLYCRAB LENS.I AM THE SAME SIZE AS LUKE ,ASK WINGA.

Greg Burt

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
March 26, 2009, 05:20:57 PM
I HVE 3 PAIRS OF THE GRAND CATALINA ,THEY FIT WELL ,AND I DO NOT HAVE A REALLY BIG HEAD,GO TO FRAMES DIRECT ONLINE THEY WILL HELP YOU ON SIZES,THEY UNREAL POLARISED GLASSES BUT BE SURE AND GET GLASS LENS,IN AMBER. ALL THE MIRRORS ARE AMBER.4 YEARS NO SCRATCHS.THE BIGGER LENS THE BETTER FIELD OF VIEW ALSO LESS BASE CURVE,LESS DISTORTION.STAY AWAY FROM POLYCRAB LENS.I AM THE SAME SIZE AS LUKE ,ASK WINGA.

Last Edit: March 26, 2009, 05:29:11 PM by Greg Burt
Greg 'FFF' Burt

steve sims

March 26, 2009, 07:24:34 PM
Warwick,
I fish with a pair of Costa Del Mar Hammerheads and they are quite a big pair of sunnies,[leaning towards too big] so if the Permits look bigger you would need a fairly BIG head to wear them .
Steve.
has anyone by chance tried on a pair of the costa del mar "permit" model specs? I am keen in a pair however they say the frame is large??? I have never seen a size rating on sunnys before.

MikeOsborn

April 06, 2009, 01:13:49 PM
Quicksilver polarised sunnies have done me well for the last 5 years. probably the best(and only) thing my ex did for me was buying me a pair of these. :P

Luke Wyrsta

• Administrator
  • Giant Trevally
  • GTPopping.com Founder
  • GT Monster
  • Liked:
April 06, 2009, 01:38:13 PM
I HVE 3 PAIRS OF THE GRAND CATALINA ,THEY FIT WELL ,AND I DO NOT HAVE A REALLY BIG HEAD,GO TO FRAMES DIRECT ONLINE THEY WILL HELP YOU ON SIZES,THEY UNREAL POLARISED GLASSES BUT BE SURE AND GET GLASS LENS,IN AMBER. ALL THE MIRRORS ARE AMBER.4 YEARS NO SCRATCHS.THE BIGGER LENS THE BETTER FIELD OF VIEW ALSO LESS BASE CURVE,LESS DISTORTION.STAY AWAY FROM POLYCRAB LENS.I AM THE SAME SIZE AS LUKE ,ASK WINGA.

LOL what is that supposed to mean  ;D

Warwick Joyce

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
April 06, 2009, 02:41:42 PM
Ah well I jumped in the deep end and ordered some blackfin costa del mars ouch the price had a sting!! They better be good ::)