alex frangoulis

gunz tailwalk?
March 11, 2009, 08:27:20 PM
anyone used these sticks?  i'm interested in using the sinking ones for kingfish. any thoughts

cheers Alex

Last Edit: March 11, 2009, 08:31:12 PM by alex frangoulis

Rob Ciotucha

Re: gunz tailwalk?
March 11, 2009, 08:42:01 PM
Not sure about kings but these are awesome on big coral trout.

Rob

Brandon Khoo

• Foundation Moderator
  • Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
March 11, 2009, 09:22:57 PM
I can testify to that - one of the most effective lures I have ever come upon for coral trout
If it swims; I want to catch it!

Craig Maree

• Red Bass
  • Release the GT
  • Liked:
October 12, 2011, 02:42:40 PM
I can testify to that - one of the most effective lures I have ever come upon for coral trout

Would that be the sinking or floating?
Atoll Hunter GT Popping
www.facebook.com/atollhunter

colin tecofsky

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
October 12, 2011, 03:46:42 PM
They work on NZ kings no worries .Mainly floating models and my preference is for the limited flying fish colour. we have another brand here also called Starwalker from the same factory but different colours than the limited they are just as good again I prefer the larger floating size. Sinkers for the days when the water is rough.

Andy Rowe

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
October 12, 2011, 04:00:41 PM
I've had YFT on them, I also had a large whale shark swallow one.. well it landed in it's mouth whilst it was engulfing anchovies that the tuna were feeding on, so it does not count it's just a funny story.
Set the ray to GeeT

Brandon Khoo

• Foundation Moderator
  • Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
October 12, 2011, 05:08:06 PM
Did it go hard?

I've had YFT on them, I also had a large whale shark swallow one.. well it landed in it's mouth whilst it was engulfing anchovies that the tuna were feeding on, so it does not count it's just a funny story.
If it swims; I want to catch it!

Graham Scott

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
October 12, 2011, 06:55:53 PM
When fishing for whale sharks its not necessary to make long cast. This one's from central queensland not WA

Andy Rowe

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
October 12, 2011, 09:12:30 PM
My cast was on the money, right into the boiling anchovies, unfortunately the whale shark breached vertically at the same time and my green gunz sailed right into its open maw....gulp.

Brandon, it went as hard as whale shark could go i guess, amazingly it stayed on the surface slashing about and put a nice bend into my LR88, but of course my leader was about 5m too short for him and it pinged me pretty quickly on PE6. A very funny experience.

Did it go hard?

Set the ray to GeeT

Greg Burt

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
October 12, 2011, 10:24:21 PM
Easy to Burly up, one Pilchard did the trick.
Off the Barwon Banks out of Mooloolaba.
Greg 'FFF' Burt

Cam Foley

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
October 13, 2011, 06:23:52 PM
That was one cool day Bun.
AKA STELLAJIGGER
KINGFISH INTERPRETER

Sam Loh

October 15, 2011, 01:29:20 AM
Hi Alex,

My experience with Gunz is only on GT. An excellent stickbait action to induce hit but it's wiring material remain very prone to corrosion and break off after 2days if you don't flush it with fresh water after you are done with your casting for the day.

It could be that particular batch that I have problem with but I stop using Gunz until I can accept to them as disposable lure after 1 day of use.

Regards
Sam

Stephen Callus

• Fusilier
  • plan a trip to stay a live
  • Liked:
October 15, 2011, 11:17:53 AM
 :(We had the same problem in August at Bugetti reef on Nomad. Brand new sinking Gunz straight out of the packet, first cast hooked onto a solid GT after 5 minutes the battle was over. We inspected the lure to find that the center wire snapped. They are great lure but would like the wire beefed up :-\
plan a trip to stay a live