Andrew Poulos

• Dogtooth Tuna
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Singapore tackle stores
May 14, 2007, 08:36:11 AM
Hi all,

Anyone know of good tackle stores in Singapore? My brother in law might be going there again soon, so I want to send him to some stores .....looking for nice lures (like the one you showed my Brandon) and maybe some other things.

Any details much appreciated....

cheers
andrew

Brandon Khoo

• Foundation Moderator
  • Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
Re: Singapore tackle stores
May 14, 2007, 05:58:46 PM
I should leave this up to the locals in Singapore to respond to as they are the local experts. My regular haunts are Anglers Outfitter, Anglers Hut and Sabre. They'll all in the same area. catch the MRT to Bugis and walk down the road......

One caveat I better add. Terminals and lures are great but think twice about more expensive items like rod and reels because unless you travel often, you'll have trouble claiming on a warranty.

Hi all,

Anyone know of good tackle stores in Singapore? My brother in law might be going there again soon, so I want to send him to some stores .....looking for nice lures (like the one you showed my Brandon) and maybe some other things.

Any details much appreciated....

cheers
andrew
Last Edit: May 14, 2007, 06:08:04 PM by Brandon
If it swims; I want to catch it!

Andrew Poulos

• Dogtooth Tuna
  • Liked:
May 14, 2007, 06:27:36 PM
Cheers Brandon,

I wont be going there and my brother in law doesnt fish , so I have to be very careful if I get him to get me things. I thought they might have a few different lures not easily found here. Last time he went to Japan, I asked him for some sliders and he came back with 2 identical coloured ones...was hoping for a bit of variety at least.. but cant complain.I might send him into a few stores and give him some rough ideas and see what he comes back with next trip. He travels a bit, but is more often than not stuck in the office so hard to get him to look around.....I'll try though. ;)

Jay Burgess

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
May 14, 2007, 06:35:19 PM
What sort of prices can you get Saltigas and Stellas for over there?

Brandon Khoo

• Foundation Moderator
  • Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
May 14, 2007, 07:47:36 PM
not enough difference to be worthwhile - for reels, I suggest that it is better to get them here and get the warranty

Wong Kai Zhee

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
May 16, 2007, 02:29:25 AM
things in singapore used to be cheap but i dont think they are very much cheaper nowadays.

if u can tell me what are u looking for, perhaps i can tell u if they are available and the estimated price.

Mack Carson

May 27, 2007, 01:35:56 PM
things in singapore used to be cheap but i dont think they are very much cheaper nowadays.

if u can tell me what are u looking for, perhaps i can tell u if they are available and the estimated price.

Last year on way back from trip. Bought a Canon Camera. 3 month warranty. $100 dearer than dealers here in Aust. with 12 month warranty.
I don't buy anything in Singapore any more.
Macka17

Wong Kai Zhee

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
May 27, 2007, 02:54:58 PM
 :o :o :o

where did u buy the camera?
might ve stepped into some shops that "cater" specially for tourists. anyway, i heard that HongKong has better prices (for cameras), so quite a few people on the forum are selling imported equipment from HK.

from the price i see in online catalogues, some fishing tackle in singapore are still worth buying (eg yozuri Gt bull abt aud 37 vs sin 22).

Brandon Khoo

• Foundation Moderator
  • Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
May 27, 2007, 04:09:36 PM
boy, before you commit to an expensive purchase, you really should do your research first on local pricing. Also, don't forget that pricing can vary enormously from shop to shop just like it can here. You should have inquired at a number of stores in Singapore before buying.