nathangallagher

tackle in malaysia
May 11, 2009, 10:44:15 PM
does anyone know of any good tackle stores in KL and how the prices are compared to Aus?
thanks

Brandon Khoo

• Foundation Moderator
  • Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: tackle in malaysia
May 11, 2009, 10:50:32 PM
The only store worth visiting in KL is Sabre Tackle and you will find a decent range of terminals and lures but realistically, their store in Singapore is much better.
If it swims; I want to catch it!

Chuen Fan

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
May 12, 2009, 10:13:13 AM
the first shop that springs to mind is kepong tackle (biggest shop/range in m'sia).. realistically if u don't really know ur way around, its a real b!tch of a joint to get to. sabre tackle is probably the easiest in terms of public transport. there r also one or two more tackle shops further up/down the road from sabre tackle if my memory serves me correct. price wise, most things r cheaper.. but don't expect any backup re: warranty repairs..
AKA: Sunny

nathangallagher

May 14, 2009, 08:31:23 PM
thanks, mainly after terminals, lures, line and a spare spool for a GT. I'll have a look around and can hopefully save a couple of bucks.

Halezan Hassan

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
May 19, 2009, 09:59:50 PM
If you are looking for Gipang, all types of Japanese tackle, try Tackle Source in Petaling Jaya. All sort of japanese made poppers, rods, jigs etc. One thing i can ensure you is cheaper price than AU

Sam Beeby

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
May 20, 2009, 03:06:10 AM
thanks for the help guys. Anyone know if Sabre Tackle or Tackle Source have websites? Found Kepong, but not the others.

Halezan Hassan

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
May 20, 2009, 03:57:15 AM
Tackle Source on Facebook.
Contact Info
Email:    [email protected]
Phone: +6012-2203607
Office: 102A-3B, Jalan PJU 1/3B, Sunwaymas Commercial Centre, 47301 Petaling Jaya

. Not that I know Sabre Tackle have website but you may find their contact number by googling it.
Last Edit: May 20, 2009, 12:06:38 PM by Halezan Hassan

Brandon Khoo

• Foundation Moderator
  • Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
May 20, 2009, 01:38:05 PM
Sabre does have a website but there isn't anything on it outside of the brands they stock. I can't remember what it is!

if you want to find their store in KL, it's 93 Jalan Maharajalela. the names may be a bit puzzling but it is easy to find. the store is upstairs at that number. If you get onto the KL monorail, hop off at Maharajalela - it's a stop. Walk a few hundred yards back along the same path as the monorail and you will find Sabre. You will also walk past two other stores on the way.

You'll find a good range of terminals such as Owner hooks etc but I doubt you'll find a spare spool for your GT.
If it swims; I want to catch it!

Jon Li

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
May 20, 2009, 03:06:35 PM
TCE Sport is the agent of Daiwa , here is the website ;
http://www.tce-sports.com/

Jon .
It's not what you don't know that gets you into trouble , it's what you know for sure that ain't so . Mark Twain .