Dave Schmidt

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
land based in the pilbara
April 27, 2009, 11:42:09 AM
hello all,
thought i would put up the photos from a trip i had a few weeks ago. A couple mates flew over from south oz to see what the popping obsession is all about. We had brilliant weather for the whole week with a slight breeze coming straight off the land which suits us land based folk just fine! The trip wasnt flat out but we still managed a couple nice G's and a few other by catches. Only being quite new to the GT scene myself i was wondering if you could have an estimate to the size of my GT... we were guessing around the 16kg to 18kg mark, does this sound and look about right?? Im moving from Newman up to Broome next week so hopefully do a lot more popping up there and if the wife agrees a small tinny might be on the cards so it will be good to get off the rocks for a change! Ill end by saying the lads went home with their bodies totally shattered but i guess thats what its all about

Jay Burgess

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
Re: land based in the pilbara
April 27, 2009, 12:23:19 PM
G'day Dave, those spots look familiar  ;D

Based on my experience I'd say your fish looks around 10-12kg.

Nathan Cefai

• Giant Trevally
  • Reel Men Smoke Stellas
  • Liked:
April 27, 2009, 04:45:44 PM
Well done mate,late afternoon action is always fun!!

Mat Selwyn

May 23, 2009, 05:42:13 PM
Wicked stuff mate, great to see some landbased action

Callan Wallace

May 23, 2009, 08:29:03 PM
Nice solid fish.
Cheers

Travis Heaps

• Dogtooth Tuna
  • Liked:
May 24, 2009, 07:17:55 AM
Good work on the LB trip - I agree with Jay, the bottom fish looks around 12kg.  It's got the length of some 16-18kg fish but is not really filled out.  Far out, that shark would have given you some grief off the shore, how long did it take and who was the brave soul that dragged it up the beach  :o :)