Warwick Joyce

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Parts missing????
May 22, 2009, 07:52:21 PM
Hi all, just thought I would share this info and see if anyone else has had a similar problem.
I have a stella 10k and recently the line roller bearings were starting to get a bit noisy so to the parts list and order a few more to get it all shmick for the bugatti trip.
Upon pulling the bail arm off and replacing the bearings.... well at first there was nothing out of the ordinary but after assembling it all there was something not quite right, it seemed the gap between the bail arm and the body was a bit small thus making the gap for the line to get to the roller was narrow?? Ok so maybe i left something out?? No everything that came out went back in. Maybe in the wrong order?? Mmmm. So i go and find the parts schematic to ensure all the bits are in the right order.... hang on where are these other 3 bits??
8308 Line roller support collar,
8309 Bearing retainer ring, and
6075 Roller bearing seal.
They never came out when I pulled it apart!
Further investigation is needed! So I pulled another stella 10k (same model FA) and be sure to place all the parts out in order and low and behold there are all the right bits.
So why are they missing from my reel??
I didnt misplace them, started on a clean table and finished on a clean table.
I am fairly obsessive when it come to these things......Argh!!!
I have emailed the shop where I purchased the reel and I am still waiting on a response.
I am doubting its a factory assembly issue but am I wrong??
One thought was that the shop it came from it may have been robbed of the parts to get another reel fixed fast and the new parts not refitted to my reel??

Any help or thoughts much appreciated :) 

Luke Wyrsta

• Administrator
  • Giant Trevally
  • GTPopping.com Founder
  • GT Monster
  • Liked:
Re: Parts missing????
May 23, 2009, 11:06:39 AM
One thought was that the shop it came from it may have been robbed of the parts to get another reel fixed fast and the new parts not refitted to my reel??

Hi Warwick,

I have no explanation for why you are missing the parts but the above has happened before in retail stores unfortunately  ;)

Travis Heaps

• Dogtooth Tuna
  • Liked:
Re: Parts missing????
May 24, 2009, 07:21:37 AM
Word on the street is that you rustled up one of the parts and managed to manufacturer a replica of the other, sweet, ready to rock and roll at Bugatti :)
Last Edit: May 24, 2009, 08:30:52 AM by travis heaps