Roger Kingston

Combining a GT fishing trip with family
June 05, 2009, 05:04:06 AM
I have had my fishing wings clipped somewhat by a young family so I am looking for a venue that has something for the Mrs and kids while I escape for a bit of GT popping, preferably with a fly rod.
I'm told Fiji is good but does anyone have any suggestions about the family element?
Any help gladly received.

Cheers,

Roger

Travis Heaps

• Dogtooth Tuna
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Combining a GT fishing trip with family
June 05, 2009, 07:07:40 AM
Do you have a boat?  If so then maybe try locally - up to the Whitsundays etc?  Plenty for the family to do up there on one of the islands while you take off for the afternoon.

David Noble

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
June 05, 2009, 10:37:58 AM
Hi Roger,

I get this enquiry a lot as I organise overseas fishing adventures for a full time job. 
Factors such as time to get to the location, your budget, costs involved, carrying fishing gear v's having it on the boat, childminding facilities, plus other activities for the family all weigh into the decision.  Plus the spouse will have her list of requirements... ::)

Fiji would be a good start, but to narrow it down more I'd need more info to help you more.

Anyway, better get back to work...err  ;)

Cheers Dave

Scott Maybury

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
June 05, 2009, 07:35:16 PM
Speak to dave noble mate, he helped me with similar issues

steve sims

June 05, 2009, 08:57:21 PM
Roger,
When I was in Fiji I was staying at the Sheraton Resort in Nadi, the Fujian people at the resort organized activities for the young kids to do, which left the parents to do whatever they felt like, I do not not have children but this arrangement certainly had the kids preoccupied and in turn left the partner to relax ,swim , sunbath , etc..., and to go GT fishing!!
P.M me if you want some contacts for fishing in Nadi.

Steve.