Brandon Khoo

• Foundation Moderator
  • Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Using minnows for GTs
May 22, 2007, 07:34:03 AM
I reckon pretty much anything works on GTs when they are feeding. That said, I think what I am suggesting might be getting away from "popping" in the pure sense of the word!

will a big kastmaster or casting jig work?
If it swims; I want to catch it!

Che Carson

May 24, 2007, 09:19:24 PM
I haven't been on the site for a few days and when I log on I am confronted by this.

I second Lukes notion, this is "utter sacrilege" :D.

Brandon of all people you should know better. As moderator I think you should severely reprimand yourself. I don't care how big a GT is, the catch does not count unless it is caught on a surface lure cast and retrieve.

This is not the way of the Jedi, change you must. Evil it is  ;D.

Brandon Khoo

• Foundation Moderator
  • Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
May 24, 2007, 09:45:53 PM
I'll do anything to catch a big GT!!

If you really want to be horrified, come to Shoalwater next year and see what I am going to do. I managed to convince one of the guides when I was there that next year, we're going to cheat. Instead of charging out there, we're going to go catch ourselves a few fusiliers or other small critter and then we're going to troll them along the cliff faces on a really heavy jigging rod like a Jigging Master Monster on 130lb braid. I'll be sitting in the cage at the back of the dory ready to lock up and see if we can drag it out into deep water.

If I am successful, what we can do is take the hook out of its mouth and put a popper in there instead.....   ;D

I think I am going to get sin-binned...........

Actually, I was amazed when I was in Vanuatu recently and the captain of the boat we were on told us that it was quite a common practice for fishing journalists to catch fish on live bait and put the jig in its mouth for photos.

Cam Foley

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
May 24, 2007, 09:55:29 PM
Thats really lame what some journalists will do.
AKA STELLAJIGGER
KINGFISH INTERPRETER

Luke Wyrsta

• Administrator
  • Giant Trevally
  • GTPopping.com Founder
  • GT Monster
  • Liked:
May 24, 2007, 10:50:33 PM
I think I am going to get sin-binned...........

>:( >:( >:( >:(  ;)

Brandon Khoo

• Foundation Moderator
  • Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
May 24, 2007, 10:53:48 PM
mate, you've got to give me a break. I'm desperate - there is simply no way I'm going to land a really huge one in the areas I fish unless I get a little more innovative!!

Che Carson

May 24, 2007, 11:10:08 PM
But if you do are you really going to be able to claim it as a legitimate capture ???.

Luke I think maybe we should cut him some slack, maybe we could direct him to a more appropriate site. Maybe one that deals with feather chucking  ;D.

Brandon Khoo

• Foundation Moderator
  • Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
May 25, 2007, 08:25:23 AM
I'll do what the fishing journalists do - put a popper in its mouth and pose for photos with my popping rod?   ;D

But if you do are you really going to be able to claim it as a legitimate capture ???.

Luke I think maybe we should cut him some slack, maybe we could direct him to a more appropriate site. Maybe one that deals with feather chucking  ;D.