Mike Heltborg

Cairns tactics update
May 29, 2009, 08:18:13 PM
Hi Team,

Mike's my name and this is my first post here.

Congrats to Luke and the members for a great site with some top info on it.
When i first started GT popping it was harder to get some good info - especially Local stuff from local guys.

I do abit of surfing so have had the chance to do some popping in The Maldives and the Phillapines, which were both good but not dedicated GT trips.

A couple of years ago i did a couple of days with Kerry Bailey out of Cairns. I had a top time and got onto some nice GT's. We didn't get any BIG ones but did get into some fish.

I am heading back up to Cairns /PD from the 13th June for 8 days and have pencilled in a couple of days with Kerry.

I just wanted a abit of an update on the most productive lures for a few days with kerry?
Stickbaits or popper? types of retrieves etc..

Last time i remember there were heaps of Fusiliers around the bommies....and that is where the fish were, but i feel my lures were not "matching the hatch"............what would?

I will be based in PD and remember noticing some good potential Landbased spots in between PD & Cairns.........anybody got any pointers in this area?

Thanks in advance for your replies.

cheers
mh

Peter Morris

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Cairns tactics update
May 29, 2009, 08:24:03 PM
Stephen is the Cairns wizard mate.

Hopefully he will see ya post.

stickbaits are his preference I believe... ???

Pete

Mike Heltborg

Re: Cairns tactics update
May 29, 2009, 11:10:21 PM
Yep looks like it.....i've been looking at some of his old reports.....looks like he' got it covered.