jay currie

Groote Eylandt?
July 02, 2009, 05:44:14 PM
I am going to fish Groote in October with some clients of mine who are putting the trip on just wondering if anyone has fished this area for Gts?

Warwick Joyce

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Groote Eylandt?
July 04, 2009, 08:28:04 PM
Jay, I havent fished there myself but on my last trip there were 3 guys who had, they said it was windy as hell however fishing was good. From what I remember they said a big trev for that area was 20kg. Plenty of queenies and other things tho. I'm sure it will be great as long as the weather is good for ya ;)

jay currie

July 04, 2009, 10:22:00 PM
Thanks Bud all reports ive seen from the place are more on barra and mackrel, I new there had to be Gts up there so good to know there being caught i might only take my light popping rod and poppers for i think there will be restrictions on lugage on the sea plane

Jay Burgess

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
July 04, 2009, 11:40:25 PM
Would be interested to see how it goes, just checked it out on google earth and the charts and it looks like there's some potential  ;D

jay currie

July 05, 2009, 08:39:32 AM
It does look good a looks like should fish well only problem is the trip is with a bunch of bait fishos so Im trying to take a mate along so we can take a boat and try for some Gts

Jay Burgess

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
July 08, 2009, 07:21:45 PM
It does look good a looks like should fish well only problem is the trip is with a bunch of bait fishos so Im trying to take a mate along so we can take a boat and try for some Gts

lol... fishing with bait fishos sucks  :(

Brock Arifovic

• Dogtooth Tuna
  • Liked:
July 08, 2009, 07:41:18 PM
There will be none of that in 2 weeks time Jay. Unless it's at night for fun with a drink close by.

Jay Burgess

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
July 08, 2009, 08:01:07 PM
There will be none of that in 2 weeks time Jay. Unless it's at night for fun with a drink close by.

;D

Mat Selwyn

July 16, 2009, 10:23:58 AM
The bay east of south pt is an awesome spot for shallow water sailfish, and the odd black marlin. GTs average 12-15ks with the bigger ones getting to 20 like Warwick said. The islands up around Nth Pt Island produces big marlin, should have plenty of bommies and back eddies holding trevs, deaper water up that way, might have the bigger trevs

Bruce Ingram

July 16, 2009, 02:20:45 PM
I fished Groote in April last year. 

Caught a lot of Queenfish, Trout and and small trevallies on poppers.

Hooked one big GT and was smoked before we got to look at him. 

It was bloody windy when we there.

I hope you get better weather. Good luck.