Adam Tanzil

Hi,

This is report belong to my friend, Mr. Joko. He just came back from fishing trip at Komodo Island, Indonesia.

Date: 07-09 August 2009
Anglers Name: Joko Susanto, Anthony Dillon, Joeali Santoso, Rudiyanto
Ship Name: Xtreme Ulua (|| Xtreme-Ulua.com - Popping & Jigging ||)
Captain: Rahman Kosasih .
Spot: The entire area Rinca and Komodo Islands .

Wind: South-Southeast
Current: North to South

Weather: Sunny
Waves: Calm mostly except a little rough in the southern areas .

Fish caught n released : Giant Trevally , Red Bass , Grouper , Barracuda .
The biggest catch : Giant Trevally - 30 kg.

Fishing Technique: Popping (C & R)
Bait I used : Mostly Stickbait .

Dear all,

I am happy to report & share my fishing experiences in the islands of Komodo national Park onboard Xtreme Ulua . The area we fished is still very much a prime fishing area that in total we caught n released a total of 25 fishes in 3 days fishing with numerous failed hook ups and a few line breaks due unstoppable fish that took our line and cut by the corals . We certainly learned a lot and would like to return again in a not too distant future to try again with our new found technique .
Sea conditions were good , a little rough and greenish water in the southern part of the National Park , else where the sea was calm and clear water mostly . Temperature of the water is between 25 ` 27 Degree C which is quite good .

During this trip despite the condition not being prime , we still get a lot of strike in the western part and the eastern part of Komodo Island as well as that of Rinca island , including around south of the Padar island which have many small islands and rocks jutting out from the deep sea .

Various lures were used but stickbaits proved to be the most effective lures albeit poppers got some strikes too , however definitely stickbaits were choise of lures to fool the already " educated " GT in Komodo Nationasl Park .

The boat we use is very well designed boat for popping especially , the bow can accomodate 4 anglers casting simultaneously with having to duck out when one of the angler do the casting , another angler can use the rear side but time there is no need for that . Sleeping facilities is very good in the large airconditioned and 4 anglers can sleep with ease , in this trip we have a very big guy and there is no problem for him to sleep and move about in the boat .

The boat's other facilities such as eating n showering are sufficiently comfortable and most importantly , the crews are familiar in the area and have vast experiences in GT popping technique so they can help anglers by manouvering the boat in such a way to help the anglers to fight the stubborn fish in full control .

Joko Susanto
+62-81-23028757

Regards,
Adam

Nathan Cefai

• Giant Trevally
  • Reel Men Smoke Stellas
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0

Nathan Cefai

• Giant Trevally
  • Reel Men Smoke Stellas
  • Liked:
Nice work mate,thank you for sharing it with us..

I love the look of black GTs,they look so evil i must say,hope to get one in a few weeks time!!

Andy Rowe

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
Nice Report Adam/Joko and welcome to the forum,

Komodo is the most scenic place I've fished.

Glad to hear you had a fun trip, the boat looks ideal for chasing pelagics, looking forward to getting onboard.

Cheers
Andy
Set the ray to GeeT

Adam Tanzil

Hi Andy,

Yes, Komodo is very beautiful place. I hope someday we can fish together at Komodo.

Have a nice strike !