Tony Raspudic

Scott Maybury

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Great stuff Tony, I am heading over to do the same trip you did in January, hopefully we get better weather but the beauty of the lagoon is that either way I am sure we will have a great time

Nathan Cefai

• Giant Trevally
  • Reel Men Smoke Stellas
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Hey mate well done,water looks unreal,ill be there from the 6th of september to have a crack,there are some unreal channels in bourail that id love to have a crack at,all depends though,been told to head south so that might just be the thing to do!!

Good work mate!!

Tony Raspudic

Thanks guys, Scott this trip was one of my best, even though the wind prevented us from fishing the outside edge for all but one of the days, inside the lagoon was incredible. I've never seen so many big GT's swamp my poppers in shallow water. The guide Etienne was a champion, speaks good English, was fun to have on board and was best described as an Aussie Frenchman! Loved a joke, he couldn't do enough to make the trip fun! The guys at the lodges were also just as accommodating... who said the french are arrogant! Also if you don't have all the gear this guy supplies everything.

steve sims

Tony,
           good report and great pics, I did the same trip in May and could not speak highly enough of Etienne, he did his very best to put us on to good fish. Were there any lures that were standouts?
Steve

Tony Raspudic

Cheers Steve.

Standout lures were a few different Orion's that Etienne had on board (can't remember all the models, the Cono Cono was one that worked well. We used both poppers and stickbaits but poppers seemed to work best. Halco Haymakers also did quite well on the GTs inside the lagoon, particularly that blue slimy mackeral-looking colour.

Tony