Darren Douche

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Monties GT
September 10, 2009, 08:17:20 PM
After spending nearly 2 weeks at the monties, was good to get into some warmer weather and where fish can pull some drag, got to love Perth!!!. Trip started really well with the first cast producing a very nice GT. Thats two years in a row where my first cast as produced a very good fish. Unfortunatly the rest of the trip was very slow, a few gts ranging from 8-20kg with most around the 12kg mark. Got smoked by another bruiser but had zero chance of landing it. Got to love the gillies stickbaits!!! Threw craftbaits and hammerheads for not much joy and the old $20 special does the trick.

Jay Burgess

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
Re: Monties GT
September 10, 2009, 09:02:23 PM
Nice GT Daz, pitty it was a little slow for ya. Still, 20kg GTs are pretty good. Get any pics of the other fish?

Darren Douche

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
September 10, 2009, 09:16:01 PM
yeah mate on other peoples camera's will get round to it when i get the photos.

Warwick Joyce

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
September 11, 2009, 09:03:47 AM
Nice, Love it when the first cast hooks up! But its disappointing when the action slows from there :(

Still great effort!

Evan Ong

• Phytoplankton
  • Liked:
September 11, 2009, 10:30:36 AM

Nice solid fish. Great way to start your fishing day !

David Sharples

• Red Bass
  • Liked:
September 11, 2009, 07:06:02 PM
I always find that when you hook up on your first cast things generally go downhill from there..  >:(

Glad its not just me!

Jay Burgess

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
September 11, 2009, 09:46:55 PM
Nice, Love it when the first cast hooks up! But its disappointing when the action slows from there :(

Funny how it works like that. Happened to me more than once. You think it's going to be game time after that first hookup but then nothing for AAAGGEEEESS...  >:(