• Likes Given: 0
Re: Waterproof Cameras
September 11, 2009, 07:19:16 AM
I've got one of the Olynpus but the shutter lag is horrendous
If it swims; I want to catch it!

Ben Rutkin

September 11, 2009, 12:36:38 PM
One of the lads at work just bought an Olympus mju tough 8000 for his trip to South America and left it on his desk.

It is waterproof to 10 metres so probably good for a few spearing videos too.

Stephen Polzin

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
September 11, 2009, 01:07:24 PM
Get yourself a Canon G10 with a waterproof case like Brandon.  Will leave any of those waterproof pocket cameras for dead. 

Here's a shot taken with the previous model G9 in a waterproof housing.  Not sure I could imagine a better result.
Cairns Bommie Basher

Chris Young

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
September 11, 2009, 07:09:48 PM
Fantastic shot Steven...the point and shoot cameras are good but the clarity of the pics from the canon G series realy does shine though imo.
Canon has released a new G11 allready ??? The poor old G9 is now twice superceded but the G series are still the closest thing to an SLR on a budget. So many things you can do with them if you take the time to learn how. ;)
Not bagging the olympus cameras but I have heard of a lot of problems with the seels especially the battery housing.
I know a couple of guys that use the pentax waterproof cameras and they have only good things to say about them , the pics look good too, and they are in a small package to fit in a shirt pocket
So many more options these days and there seems to be a new release every couple of months. Check out this site dpreview.com .They have lots of comprehensive reviews and feedback about everything photographic