jay currie

Spit Bombie?
September 10, 2009, 08:56:29 PM
I am looking at a new boat 6.75m centre console has 400l fuel tank and was wondering if weather depandant would be enough to get to spit bombie and back? also wondering were I can get my hands on a map that shows exaclty were spit bombie is? thanks
Last Edit: September 10, 2009, 09:08:37 PM by jay currie

jay currie

Re: Spit Bombie?
September 10, 2009, 09:11:02 PM
forget the fuel question didnt think before I wrote. I know its about 75 nm from Urangan so no troubles with fuel stil wondering if there is a map online that has it on it

Ken Best

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
September 11, 2009, 08:11:01 AM
Are you getting a Hooker Jay? ;D
"Beer makes you feel the way you ought to, without beer" (Henry Lawson)

Brandon Khoo

• Foundation Moderator
  • Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
September 11, 2009, 08:14:47 AM
oi - you're on the wrong forum, Ken!!     ;D  :D

If it swims; I want to catch it!

David Clumpner

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
September 11, 2009, 08:20:45 AM
Brandon, we could get to 2000 members in no time if we added this category.  Perhaps modeled after "GTPopping.com Endorsed Charters and Guides"?   ;D

oi - you're on the wrong forum, Ken!!     ;D  :D

jay currie

September 11, 2009, 09:49:35 AM
Yes took the hooker for a test run last sat very nice. She handles the ruff stuff very well ;D, she can also easily take you and 3 mates ;D

Chris Young

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
September 11, 2009, 07:15:59 PM
Jay, I used to be able to find it on Google earth but they have updated the pics now and the res in that area is gone :'(. Send George Pang a pm , he probably has the coordinates in his GPS ;)

Travis Heaps

• Dogtooth Tuna
  • Liked:
September 15, 2009, 08:30:50 AM
Was also about to suggest Google Earth, would be a shame if they had reduced the res in that area - wonder why they would do it?

Interested to hear more about the Hooker Jay.  Did the model you test have the two moulded eskies up the front on the sides?  I thought they could get in the way of casting and fighting fish - what do you reckon?

jay currie

September 17, 2009, 06:32:29 AM
Was also about to suggest Google Earth, would be a shame if they had reduced the res in that area - wonder why they would do it?

Interested to hear more about the Hooker Jay.  Did the model you test have the two moulded eskies up the front on the sides?  I thought they could get in the way of casting and fighting fish - what do you reckon?

Hi Travis, the hooker boat I tested didnt have the ice boxes you mentioned but had one built into the front casting deck, also had one in the seat infront of the console and one in the seat behind the console. There is a kill tank in the floor at the back wich can be flooded with water so great for bleeding fish. The boat it self is an alroung awesome well thought out fishing boat, it is very dry has a huge centre console loads of room and with a 225 suzuiki four stroke gets along pretty well top speed of 80km/hr and only uses 15L/Hr at 24 knots. Only thing I found is the targa top is to lowneeds to be raised 50mm or so to allow for taller people. Bargy cuaght a 17kg longtail when we were out on the hooker and had no tuoble getting around the boat to fight his fish
Last Edit: September 17, 2009, 06:35:06 AM by jay currie

Travis Heaps

• Dogtooth Tuna
  • Liked:
September 17, 2009, 07:56:09 AM
Thanks Jay - that esky up the front looks like it could be a pain, could be different when fishing.  I like the look of the hookers, look like a well finished, well thought out boat - and Australian to boot! 

Greg Burt

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
September 17, 2009, 11:49:57 AM
Put a cage around it
Greg 'FFF' Burt

Travis Heaps

• Dogtooth Tuna
  • Liked:
September 17, 2009, 12:03:53 PM
Put a cage around it

Certainly going to lose my balance in this tiny chop
And die when the hooks come out of this fish, probably
Getting impaled on the anchor bollard behind me not to mention casting is
Extremely difficult and working lures close to the boat sucks

That's what "cage" on elevated front decks stands for Greg  :D :D ;) ;)

jay currie

September 17, 2009, 03:08:10 PM
the front bow rails are very strong but I would prefer to be fighting the Gts from the side of the boat the front does make a good casting deck though, you are high enough above the targa top not to worry about hooking it