Brandon Khoo

• Foundation Moderator
  • Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Guys - check out the excellent article on deep jigging basics by one of our members, Steven Ng, in this month's Fishing World. The article provides some great information on the terminals required for jigging, particularly on how to rig assist hooks.
If it swims; I want to catch it!

Cam Foley

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
Hey Brandon do you recon you could give a brief description of whats in that article.Can not get that magazine here in NZ.
CHEERS CAM.
AKA STELLAJIGGER
KINGFISH INTERPRETER

Greg Burt

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
Last Edit: June 12, 2007, 09:57:14 AM by Greg Burt
Greg 'FFF' Burt

Cam Foley

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
Thanks Bun your a champ
AKA STELLAJIGGER
KINGFISH INTERPRETER

Steven Ng

• Phytoplankton
  • Liked:
Thanks guys for your kind words of encouragement!  It's always a bit nerving seeing your article published for the first time as they're always people more experienced than yourself on any topic - you just don't want to be accountable for providing wrong information.  So long as it is factually correct and helps anyone out with rigging their jigs then I'm more than happy.

Cheers,

Steve

PS for those who want some further news - the hybrid version of rigging the assist cord didn't work too well as it tangled badly. This was due to the rotation of the top ring of the swivel, causing the limp cord to wrap around all and sundry.  I think the solution is to either use heat shrink to stiffen up the cord and prevent it wrapping upon itself or threading the cord over the top half of the barrel of the swivel rather than the top ring.

Andrew Poulos

• Dogtooth Tuna
  • Liked:
Great article there Stephen..now if I can score some kings like the ones from SA jigging I would be stoked.

Chris Lian

Steven great arcticle for the novice and the experts. Just read it and when will you do one on the gear??? Waiting for one. By the way was the rod a Calstar rod in the picture???

Chris

Steven Ng

• Phytoplankton
  • Liked:
Thanks Chris...I haven't done one on the gear used in jigging but I suppose that can now be work in progress!  The rod with the angler hooked up is a Daiwa Saltist.  The angler (Tak) has access to a whole range of gear (local and Japanese) but the Saltist is his favourite rod for jigging kings in Sydney.

cheers,

Steve