Andre van Wyk

• Dogtooth Tuna
  • DARK CONTINENT DARKSTAR RIDER
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Ryoga
January 15, 2010, 03:02:02 AM
Ah man thats tempting....

Hon-Su what did you replce it with mate?
To Ride, Shoot Straight and Speak the Truth...

Hon-Su Chin

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
January 15, 2010, 03:32:46 AM
Well...less than a year ago, I started my own business wholesaling fishing gear from Malaysia and Taiwan.
As such found the perfect rod for me.

Its a Hearty Rise (Etuoh's branch) Jig Force PE 1.5 - 3.0 5'8" jig max 120gm.
http://www.etuoh.com/eng/newproducts/index02.php?language=_eng&pid=18&cid=105

Marc Ong

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
June 08, 2010, 02:57:14 PM
Digging up an old thread! Need abit of info on the ryogas. Intend to get one for light jigging and the occasional casting. Tossing up between the normal or the bay jigging, have no access to a pluton so its between the 2 ryogas. How is the ryoga for jigging(will get the jigging handle if I chose the ryoga)  and how is the bay jigging for casting? Ideally want one that is more versatile. All help and advice appreciated!
Last Edit: June 08, 2010, 03:00:23 PM by Marc Ong

Sam Beeby

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
June 10, 2010, 03:41:47 PM
Does the ryoga have any cast control at all ie centrifugal? or is it just thumb and spool side load adjustment.
thanks

Andre van Wyk

• Dogtooth Tuna
  • DARK CONTINENT DARKSTAR RIDER
  • Liked:
June 11, 2010, 12:15:10 AM
Hey Guys,

The Ryoga Bay Jigger doesn't have cast control, whereas I believ the regular Ryoga/Pluton does....
If you are looking for a more versatile reel, get the regular Ryoga, and get the jigging hadle and RCS knob for it... the Ryoga Bay Jigger claims 10 kilo max drag, which is insane, and the Ryoga regular has 6,5 Kilos....
On a reel this size, when are y9ou ever going to be fishing more than 6 kilos???

Saying that, I love my Bay Jigger... Rat Kings and Couta are an absolute blast on it matched to a JM 100.... and its going to get brutalised next week uop in Mozambique fishing jigs, Slow Jigs and deep water plastics too.... Can't wait, hoping to break the 15 kilo barrier on it, maybe with a smallish Amberjack, or GT, and hopefully some decent Jobfish as well...

To Ride, Shoot Straight and Speak the Truth...

Marc Ong

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
June 11, 2010, 12:43:55 AM
Bought the bay jigger, will take it out and try to cast with it soon.

the bay jigging comes with 2 point centrifugal brake.
and the normal ryoga comes with Magforce Z brake system

Sam Beeby

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
January 30, 2011, 10:48:19 PM
From what I could see in the plat videos, the standard ryoga has non-sync level wind and the ryoga jigger has synchronised. How important do you guys think it is (if used for jigging), to have the synchronised level wind?

Also how does the pluton 5:1 go as a jigger (with the RCS handle) compared to the 6.2:1 bay jigger - is it way too slow or does it work well.