Rohit Saqa Lal

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
My over the top baby
November 24, 2009, 11:42:50 PM
Who wants to see OTT

Handle
17 separate parts went onto the handle section! At retail pricing those 17 items come to AU$170, and this is not including the blank and guides

Guides
Fuji Lowriders with chrome frames and SiC rings. I undertook extensive test casting to set this up to cast 200lb mono leader wound through the guides and onto the spool. Knots that will work are the PR, midknot, FG or 15-20 turn nail knot

Test Performance
Using Lures from 100-150g, every cast was over 80m, this was using 80lb braid that is marked every 20m. I did not record any max distances as this will come in a later test using the full range of lures this one is rated for

This stick was also tested for extreme loading. The drag setting was taken to 18kg and line steadily pulled out at this setting. Then keeping the same pressure on the load was surged to beyond 20kg. This test was performed with the rod held at 45 degrees as well as VERTICAL. This stick held these pressures without turning into a pretzel

Hope you enjoy the pics

Callan Wallace

Re: My over the top baby
November 25, 2009, 05:54:52 AM
Wow! That is a thing of beauty. Well done.
Cheers

Rohit Saqa Lal

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
November 30, 2009, 12:29:20 AM
I had a chance to take a couple of vids today. This is showing how the leader flies through the lowriders. I had made a 12' long twisted leader using 100lb black magic and attached it loop to loop to a short bimini on the 80lb braid on my reel. I took a number of wraps onto the spool to cast. The line changes colour every 20m every cast was 4 colors leaving the spool. The cast weight was a 100g popper. I wanted to film casting a single strand 200lb mono leader of the same length next but ran out of light

Leigh Turner

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
November 30, 2009, 09:18:00 AM
That is one very nice looking rod. Leigh

Nathan Cefai

• Giant Trevally
  • Reel Men Smoke Stellas
  • Liked:
November 30, 2009, 05:42:12 PM
How much would that rod sell for ? looks nice

Rohit Saqa Lal

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
November 30, 2009, 08:57:19 PM
Thanks for the compliments. I put more hours then I should in that build, but since this particular build a personal use item, I wouldn't sell it. I would however be willing to swap it for someone else's loved item like a used Z4500H. I do make these ones commercially but since I am not a sponsor here, I wouldn't feel right talking about em. I just like showing of some of the funkier works