Andy Rowe

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Komodo Live-Aboard Catch Report
November 29, 2009, 11:10:59 AM
Hi All,

Posting a few photo's from a recent live-aboard trip we did around Komodo. The group included Jon Li, Jeng, Angus and myself, we had a brilliant trip, fishing was good, company and scenery were great. In general the fish were not big but there were a few surprises and good variety. I'll let the photo's do the talking.

Jon, Jeng, and Gus feel free to add to the report. Thanks for the great fun and memories and a special thanks to Jon for organising and working so hard to put us on the fish.

Cheers
Andy
Last Edit: November 29, 2009, 12:12:28 PM by Andy Rowe
Set the ray to GeeT

Andy Rowe

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
Re: Komodo Live-Aboard Catch Report
November 29, 2009, 11:17:14 AM
more
Set the ray to GeeT

Andy Rowe

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
November 29, 2009, 11:24:59 AM
more
Last Edit: November 29, 2009, 11:30:01 AM by Andy Rowe
Set the ray to GeeT

Andy Rowe

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
November 29, 2009, 11:33:11 AM
more
Set the ray to GeeT

Andy Rowe

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
November 29, 2009, 11:38:52 AM
more
Set the ray to GeeT

Brock Arifovic

• Dogtooth Tuna
  • Liked:
November 29, 2009, 01:02:17 PM
Andy please do not tell me that the pic with the guy hooked up to a fish up the front of the boat in those crazy orange pants & yellow rod, is Jon, is it?

Geoff Volter

• Red Bass
  • Liked:
November 29, 2009, 01:03:56 PM
AWESOME!!!

Brock Arifovic

• Dogtooth Tuna
  • Liked:
November 29, 2009, 01:09:04 PM
Great pics, especially the one of the bait showering the surface.

Nathan Cefai

• Giant Trevally
  • Reel Men Smoke Stellas
  • Liked:
November 29, 2009, 01:14:34 PM
Mate lots and lots of fish caught there,some great pictures and great by catches..

Nice one mate..Well done to you boys  ;)

Andy Rowe

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
November 29, 2009, 01:46:12 PM
Andy please do not tell me that the pic with the guy hooked up to a fish up the front of the boat in those crazy orange pants & yellow rod, is Jon, is it?

Hi Brock,

That is Jeng, our Thai buddy, he fished with Jon Li (in grey hat) in the golden days when you were too scared to cast a lure at komodo. He is a great GT fisher and has an awesome sense of humor as you can see. He pimped his 2 Wild Violence rods with new handles and bindings to match his snoopy pants!!
Set the ray to GeeT

Gus Connor

November 29, 2009, 02:41:50 PM

ha cheers mate, thanks all again for a great trip, sorry I didnt get to post my promised prose report (looks like work was busier than I thought on return!)

I second your thanks to Jon for organising the trip, a sensational outing and a very welcoming introduction to livaboard fishing fro GT's for me!

A greeat gang an very memorable times!

For all who havent fished with Jeng, thai + crazy pants + bintang + WV and "No rine out!" = crazy times on a boat.

Look forward to fishing with you all in the near future!
Cheers
Gus

Jon Li

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
November 29, 2009, 03:29:00 PM

Hi Brock ,

I wish I were that young , but most of the time I was taking those photos . It was a great trip with great personalities onboard , Jeng is as always very comical n gonna visit him next week in BKK .

Jon .
It's not what you don't know that gets you into trouble , it's what you know for sure that ain't so . Mark Twain .

Jon Li

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
November 29, 2009, 03:39:11 PM

ha cheers mate, thanks all again for a great trip, sorry I didnt get to post my promised prose report (looks like work was busier than I thought on return!)

I second your thanks to Jon for organising the trip, a sensational outing and a very welcoming introduction to livaboard fishing fro GT's for me!

A greeat gang an very memorable times!

For all who havent fished with Jeng, thai + crazy pants + bintang + WV and "No rine out!" = crazy times on a boat.

Look forward to fishing with you all in the near future!
Cheers
Gus

Hi Gus ,

We will fish again next year , this time for big YFT n GT when the monsoon is over n I promise not to run out of Bintangs ! You are one of the best caster I have ever met , I wish I have that power still in me . Gonna be seeing Jeng next week and have a few Singha for sure and possibly make time to fish the barra pond , if both I n Jeng have time while I m over in BKK . By the way , why don't you post the marlin photo ?

For Andy ,

Thanks for posting , I will keep you updated for the trip next year .

Jon . 
It's not what you don't know that gets you into trouble , it's what you know for sure that ain't so . Mark Twain .

Peter Morris

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
November 29, 2009, 04:19:35 PM
Looks like an awesome trip. 8)

Pete

Tom Grubb

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
November 29, 2009, 05:34:06 PM
some great photos there.. looked like you guys had a ball over there, plenty of action.
PoPpInG mAd