• Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
That's a Rosy Jobfish Sam.

Kasey Leong

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
Did I hear about the legendary BG Jack?  ;D

Oh, how did you guys get some flying fox? Those things are really good to eat!  :o
Watashi wa kawaii scon class hetadesu bakadesu JooNya Poop Poop

Warwick Joyce

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
Did I hear about the legendary BG Jack?  ;D

Oh, how did you guys get some flying fox? Those things are really good to eat!  :o

Kasey, feel free to come to yeppoon you can eat all the flying foxes you want! There is only a few thousand roosting in the mangroves near town :D

Awesome trip by the looks luke! A trip over there is definitely on my wish list for xmass.

Stan Konstantaras

Hi Luke,
Looks like you guys had a blast. I cant get over those conditions and fish, no wonder the boys are smiling ;D
A trip like that and I reckon you guys will be smiling for 6 months, or at least till the next trip.
Rate you most successful poppers / stickbaits from 1 to 5 for us and what sort of line classes were you guys mainly running?

Finally the old treble vs singles - I know the boys love their trebles, but was there any noticeable difference in your opinion. I know last time I went over we only lost 1 fish due to trebles pulling and just stuck to the trebles based on Davids preference, but what did you guys mainly do on this trip?
Cheers
stan

Dave Foyle

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
Looks like a great trip guys - congratulations.

I like the sound of the local cuisine too !!

Luke Wyrsta

• Administrator
  • Giant Trevally
  • GTPopping.com Founder
  • GT Monster
  • Liked:
Hi Luke,
Looks like you guys had a blast. I cant get over those conditions and fish, no wonder the boys are smiling ;D
A trip like that and I reckon you guys will be smiling for 6 months, or at least till the next trip.
Rate you most successful poppers / stickbaits from 1 to 5 for us and what sort of line classes were you guys mainly running?

Finally the old treble vs singles - I know the boys love their trebles, but was there any noticeable difference in your opinion. I know last time I went over we only lost 1 fish due to trebles pulling and just stuck to the trebles based on Davids preference, but what did you guys mainly do on this trip?
Cheers
stan

Hi Stan,

Unfortunately, the conditions were too good! Chasing pedigree GTs over here usually fires when the wind is up, swell is charging and a bit of cloud cover. Although when the conditions aren't like that there are plenty of other species to score and have fun with while casting for GT, not to mention also having a jig.

Successful Lures
1. Hammerhead I-Cup
2. Patriot Masterd Bomb 205
3. Orion Crazy Dog Special
4. Craftbait GT3 Big Mouth
5. Skipjack 150

Most anglers were fishing PE10, with a couple of PE12 outfits.

I fish trebles on a majority of my poppers and stickbaits. Pulled hooks are minimal but a part of life in this kind of fishing, whereas it is almost non-existent with singles but there will be less initial strike retention due to reduced hook exposure - I can live with that.