Bertrand Loyeung

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Jerry Brown braid info
December 25, 2009, 04:54:00 PM
hi guys,

i would appreciate if u guys can help answer the following questions on jerry brown braid:

1. does anybody has a braid diameter/lb table for either hollow or non-hollow?
2. what's the difference bet the hollow and non-hollow? which one is used for popping?
3. they are relatively cheap, however are they as good as top end braids like varivas gt?
4. do they cast well?

thanking you in anticipation
cheers
bertrand

Rohit Saqa Lal

• Fusilier
  • Liked:

Bertrand Loyeung

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
Re: Jerry Brown braid info
December 25, 2009, 07:40:46 PM
thanks rohit u're a legend...
are these braid any good?

cheers
bertrand

Dave Foyle

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
December 29, 2009, 09:45:50 PM
Hi Bertrand,

The JB lines are very well regarded and both the hollow and solid versions are used by a lot of jigging and popping anglers.

Whether you use the hollow or the solid will depend on your rigging preference - both will do a good job for you.  With the hollow braid you splice in a loop to make the connection to a twisty.  With the solid line you use a PR knot etc to your leader.

Varivas is a bit thinner for a stated breaking strain i.e. PE10 Varivas will be a little thinner than 130lb Jerry Brown so will cast a little further.  I find I get fewer wind knots and wraps around the butt ring with the JB line.

Hope this helps.

Cheers   Dave

Bertrand Loyeung

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
December 30, 2009, 04:34:55 AM
hi dave,

that's exactly the info i was looking for. my 1st choice braid is definitely the varivas gt avani. as the jb braid is much cheaper, i was considering to give it a try. thanks for your input.

cheers
bertrand