Brad.Bell

• Red Bass
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Show us your GT Rig
December 24, 2009, 10:26:38 AM
Well isnpired by the previous post "show us your rod" i thought it would be cool if everyone posted a pic or two of their boat. Mine is a custom built 5.2 ali centercab. Built for barra fishing in the Pilbara and Bluewater fishing. I draw less than 30 cm and it is perfect for what I do, have been to some pretty distant offshore locations some 75 plus miles off the coast and into some pretty remote tidal creeks up the coats. It is backed up with an E-tec 115HO

here she is

Last Edit: December 24, 2009, 10:28:36 AM by Brad.Bell

Geoff Volter

• Red Bass
  • Liked:
Re: Show us your GT Rig
December 24, 2009, 11:19:57 AM

Seafarer Vamp 5m Centre Console, removable front casting deck.
115 optimax.
Humminbird 797
Minn kota electrics.

It can handle some swell, is fairly economical at cruise (roughly 2.3km/L).

John Campbell

• Fusilier
  • winner 2010 MC award Elusive GT tournament
  • Liked:
December 24, 2009, 12:32:33 PM
Go the Seafarers !!! :)

Seafarer 6.8m Voyager with twin yamaha 150hp 4strokes, great boat for doing a bit of evrything
out of from little billys to bottom bashing to casting for GT.

good height walkaround is just under knee height, good on fuel round trip to the reef
is normally 120 to 140 mile using about 200 to 220 litres of fuel

when calm can fish 2 up the front and foldaway seat at the back makes a good casting deck for one

not great into a head sea up here in North Queensland  but eats up the following 1.2m sea doing 26 knots

Travis Heaps

• Dogtooth Tuna
  • Liked:
December 24, 2009, 12:55:47 PM
Here's my girl kitted out for a few days adventuring about the place.  5.4m Allycraft centre console with 115 Yammy on the back.  Has done the job for me very well including our 400km shoalwater/stanage bay adventure from Yeppoon, great first boat.

And damn John - twin 150's, that thing must boogie.

Brad.Bell

• Red Bass
  • Liked:
December 24, 2009, 01:28:58 PM
some nice rigs there so far

John Campbell

• Fusilier
  • winner 2010 MC award Elusive GT tournament
  • Liked:
December 24, 2009, 02:39:28 PM
Hi Travis

Yeah when the weather lets us we get out there pretty quick WOT is 44knots, 

would  be able to get more out of it if propped differently but with so much weight
on the bum she is set up to help low speed planning with 4 blade stainless props

cheers John

Callan Wallace

December 25, 2009, 06:15:17 AM
Here is a photo of Untouched. A custom built 28ft C/C. I designed it for popper casting.

steve wallin

January 06, 2010, 01:56:26 PM
Well here is my rig.
Started life as a pro trout dory... bashed, beaten, sunken and abused but a strong hull never dies!!! I bought it for $200 and rebuilt it from gunwhale line up and re built the inside front and rear decks and side console for 'tronics etc.

5m Wahoo with 60yam 4st - strong seaworthy hull that will handle everything that FNQ can dish out.  Front deck and lean post is a winner for popping and tuna chasing, can move the rack back over the outboard for trolling / floating baits. 

Also makes a great dory to tow behind bigger boats on long range trips, self draining and all that.

The photo is from boxing day, Hope Islands.

Cya,
Steve

Ben Earl

May 03, 2010, 01:25:57 PM
This is my rig out of Palau.

Last Edit: May 03, 2010, 01:29:33 PM by Ben Earl

jay currie

May 03, 2010, 03:32:41 PM
My New rig 6.75m Hooker centre console with 225 Suzzy on the back, only ordered last week (Finally) will be ready by september will be chartered out of Hervey Bay By Mark Bargenquast "Bargy" will target outer reefs and Rooneys and beyond. Mine will not have the front bow rail
Last Edit: May 03, 2010, 03:34:53 PM by jay currie

Greg Burt

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
May 04, 2010, 04:04:23 PM
  'HOT SHOTS'
My 1984 model 26' Blackfin has been my Alltypes fishing rig since 1993, it's on it's 3rd and last motor [I hope] and has just had a cleanup of the hull and a new back deck fitted. What she lacks in a deep V or modern hull style, it makes up in it's stability, fishing room and economic fishing, an 'Oldy' but goody.
Greg 'FFF' Burt

Cam Foley

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
May 04, 2010, 04:16:25 PM
Yip a real goodie, i love this weapon, Greg you should ship it over to NZ and we will swap it for YA Mama lol
AKA STELLAJIGGER
KINGFISH INTERPRETER

Graham Scott

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
May 04, 2010, 04:27:26 PM
Hi Jay,

Those hookers look sweet. It might be worth checking about the bowrail. If you are chartering I assume you will be in 2C survey, apart from heaps of other BS I think you need min 900mm gunwale/rail height. If the surveryor thinks thats a casting deck up front they will want 900mm to the top of a rail.
I assume Hooker are well aware of all this stuff, maybe they know a lenient surveyor....I didn't manage to find one!!!

Bet you can't wait for September!

jay currie

May 04, 2010, 07:29:49 PM
Thanks for the heads up but I no of another hooker exactly the same that has just been put through survey with no bowrail. I will definetly look into it. Yeah carnt wait till september spit bombie is ontop of my places to fish

Greg Burt

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
May 04, 2010, 09:37:14 PM
Yip a real goodie, i love this weapon, Greg you should ship it over to NZ and we will swap it for YA Mama lol

I could see it moored at Whakatane or the Mount  ;D
Greg 'FFF' Burt