Christoffer Hansen

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Show us your GT Rig
September 10, 2013, 05:45:33 PM
What breed hull is that Tom. Nice lines, us import?

Tom McCafferty

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
September 10, 2013, 06:41:32 PM
Boats a 35ST Contender, going to have 3 300's and decked out with Simrad everything.  US import through Wallrock Marine, Sam is really good to deal with and does Nomad and plenty of other charter around Aus.  Really keen to smash the reef and more local when it arrives.

George Pang

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
September 10, 2013, 08:08:59 PM
Congrats Tom,

The 35 Step is an ultra high performance hull, it will blow your mind!
Sam told me a triple 35 was coming to Brisbane, and good to know its going to a GT fanatic!
Sam has been excellent to deal with, and has looked after me well after the purchase, so much so I am now thinking of upgrading to a 30 or 32 Step. 35 is getting a little to big to tow!
Now if only all the other pieces of the puzzle would come together (the Minister of finance and war, A house that will accommodate and a Rig to tow...) 

Anyway, ENJOY!

See you on the water.

Tom McCafferty

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
September 10, 2013, 08:35:53 PM
Cheers George,  I'm really looking forward to getting out and popping up some G's. 

Sam's a great guy, really good to deal with, Dad put the proposition of driving the boat up from Sydney to Brissy and Sam wanted to join in for the trip up.  Really keen for that and will get good understanding of how its going to run and how all the extra luxuries are going to work on extended trips.   

If the boat was just for me I'd be leaning towards the 30, just so you can tow it comfortably.  35 is a monster and most likely we won't ever tow it

Sam Walker

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
September 19, 2013, 09:46:22 PM
Anyone here run a south wind long boat. I'm looking at one 6.7M long no bells and whistles but that's good cause I can put what I want on there. My only doubt is that it only has a 100hp on the back, not sure if that's enough?

Longboats don't need as much hp as other boats, the length to beam ratio makes them easier to push along
something clever and witty !