Gareth Branicki

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Treble and hook advice for 3 poppers
January 14, 2010, 11:34:20 AM
hi I have a few poppers etc  that i need to rig up I am planning to rig them firstly with trebles and also have single hooks to try that as well. anway advise on the folowing would be greatly appreciated

Adhek long goby
patriot design  mastered bomb
Fisherman  crazy pen 90

Patriot design has some info on single hook size  as for the adhek there site says 5/0 trebles but not which brand also what baker rig and rear single can anyone recommend.
Lastly tried fishermean website and other places no idear what size trebles or singles to put on the crazy pen . I know that treble sizes differ per brand would prefer to use gamakatsu recorders for trebles as for the single hooks owner jobu and /or sj-41 /sj-51 any idear in regard to size would be great
cheers gareth

Brandon Khoo

• Foundation Moderator
  • Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
Re: Treble and hook advice for 3 poppers
January 15, 2010, 06:49:33 PM
I'd be looking at SJ-41s in the 11/0 and the 13/0s.

I'd suggest 13/0s for the Masterd Bombs in all sizes just for the hook clearance. You could use both the 11/0 and 13/0s for the long goby. I'd probably suggest the 11/0s for the Long Pen.

On trebles, is there a reason why you only want to use Gamakatsu Recorders?

I'd probably be looking at 6/0s for the Masterd Bombs.

You got to make sure you don't over-weigh you pencils with hooks - they will sink!
If it swims; I want to catch it!

Gareth Branicki

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
January 16, 2010, 12:27:37 AM
thanks for the info brandon greatly apreciated as for the trebles
 what size would you recommend in decoy's Gt trebles instead of recorders  and i assumed with the owner to use 76'6 5/0 size but could be wrong
thanks gareth

Brandon Khoo

• Foundation Moderator
  • Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
January 16, 2010, 12:38:19 AM
Gareth, I really only use the 10/0 Decoys and of all of those lures, the only one I would contemplate using these onbe would be a 205 Masterd Bomb.

You could use the ST-76 5/0s on the 135 Masterd Bomb. On the Long Goby, two St-76s may be a bit too heavy. I also wouldn't use them on the Longpen.

Gareth Branicki

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
January 16, 2010, 12:52:48 AM
thanks brandon fo you help as for the decoys i was considering the 6/0 size obviously still a bit heavy .
one last thing finding sj-41 in 13/0 size on the net seems to be a challenge any idears who might have them

Brandon Khoo

• Foundation Moderator
  • Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
January 16, 2010, 01:08:27 AM
I don't use Decoy 6/0s so I can't say.
For the Long Goby, you could go with two Fisherman KG-120 6/0s or two ST-66 5/0s. I sometimes use a ST-76 5/0 off the belly and a single off the tail.

Gareth Branicki

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
January 16, 2010, 08:30:03 PM
thanks for all your help i will check at the fishermans and the owner 66's cheers
gareth