Peter Morris

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Kadavu Island, Fiji, 11-16 Jan 2010
January 21, 2010, 08:22:37 PM
Top Stuff,

Fantastic trip by the look.....Got me keen for Fiji in March..!!! 8) 8)

Pete

Darren Cook

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
January 21, 2010, 08:26:48 PM
Great report and fantastic pics Scott. The water looks amazing. Congrats.

Scott Maybury

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
January 21, 2010, 08:43:30 PM
Quality pics mate, and a great report  ;D
I think that Kong deserves retirement ;)

Haha, hey Chris, Dave tells me that Kong has gone straight to the pool room. He got like 12 fish on it this trip, including his big one, wicked stuff. I had a 180 in the orange and white stripe that was doing well too until a GT took it home as a toothpick

Scott Maybury

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
January 21, 2010, 08:44:33 PM

Great report bro, bout time you got lucky with a cracker of a trip with everything
going right, it must have been that warm up trip up north here after x mas  ;D

No doubt mate, will have to do a few warm ups before every trip if this is the result, I have a trip to Bugatti later this year so make sure you free up some time for some tutorials before then!

Dave Foyle

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
January 21, 2010, 08:59:51 PM
Brilliant report guys and congratulations on a great trip.

Sam Cheadle

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
January 22, 2010, 08:42:41 AM
Great Report Scott. Looks like you had a ball. The conditions look much calmer than when we were there. I have booked in for next year from the 3-10th Jan and am excited about it already. Got a couple of mates going and i think my old man is gonna come and get into it also. It's all i can think about - can't wait!

Scott Maybury

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
January 22, 2010, 09:14:43 AM
Great Report Scott. Looks like you had a ball. The conditions look much calmer than when we were there. I have booked in for next year from the 3-10th Jan and am excited about it already. Got a couple of mates going and i think my old man is gonna come and get into it also. It's all i can think about - can't wait!

Hey Sam, we had a cracking time, already planning a return next year, sounds like we need to book early! We were really blessed with great conditions, one day was a bit windy and casting from the front not advisable, the other days I nearly exclusively fished poppers from up front and felt comfortable, and I am a bit of a clutz, so that shows you what it was like. The day we arrived was actually quite windy, and the guests were all telling us it had been like that for weeks, but we knew it was expected to die off due to the long range weather forecast and it did right on cue. Amazing luck, though I was due for some good weather on a big trip.

Sam Cheadle

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
January 22, 2010, 09:39:31 AM

Hey Sam, we had a cracking time, already planning a return next year, sounds like we need to book early! We were really blessed with great conditions, one day was a bit windy and casting from the front not advisable, the other days I nearly exclusively fished poppers from up front and felt comfortable, and I am a bit of a clutz, so that shows you what it was like. The day we arrived was actually quite windy, and the guests were all telling us it had been like that for weeks, but we knew it was expected to die off due to the long range weather forecast and it did right on cue. Amazing luck, though I was due for some good weather on a big trip.
[/quote]

Hey Scott,

There is a spare seat at the moment for next year (and possibly 2) if you or anyone else is interested. We are going as a party of 6 from the 3rd - 10th Jan. Anyone interested send me a message!

Cheers Sam

Robin Chan

January 22, 2010, 12:45:14 PM
Awesome stuff, congrats on the great catches guys.... shortlisted for planning, soon. Cheers!:D

Sam Conacher

• Red Bass
  • Liked:
January 22, 2010, 01:22:44 PM
hi Scott.

just a question if it is ok,

your Ripple Fisher 78XH,  how did that go and cast and peform?

Scott Maybury

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
January 22, 2010, 05:05:54 PM
Hey Sam,

I like the rod. I only got to use it for one day as I slipped down a stair leaving the bure on day 2 and damaged the top guide. It casts pretty well for a heavy stick, better than I expected. It was tough fighting the 40kg fish on it though on pretty high drag, think I need to put on a little weight to really get the most out of it.

Sachin Chaudhry

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
January 22, 2010, 06:23:48 PM
Off to Kadavu tomorrow. Hopefully have some nice pics up on the forum in a few days.

Sam Cheadle

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
January 22, 2010, 06:32:03 PM
Off to Kadavu tomorrow. Hopefully have some nice pics up on the forum in a few days.

I would say good luck dude but i don't think you need it!

steve sims

January 22, 2010, 09:35:08 PM
Scott,
Great trip report and some great fish caught!! I would be fulfilled to catch fish like that, got me thinking about the next fishing destination...

Andy Rowe

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
January 23, 2010, 02:18:52 PM
Congratulations Scott on a great trip. It looks like all of the variable elements came right on this trip for you. great Doggies btw.

Set the ray to GeeT