Hon-Su Chin

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Have you tried warrranty on the whole handle?? Technically that cannot come loose.

Otherwise, unfortunately the shaft itself has worked itself loose. Cant really do much but to replace the whole crank and knob. Only way to save the knob is to drill out the rivet on the 2nd pic. Once out then use a plier to hold the shaft to undo the screw in the knob.
The threaded shaft that goes into the reel can be salvaged as it has a screw on the pivot of the crank arm.

Garry Wong

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
i need to send the handle back to shimano singapore, as that's where i bought the reel from.
i've contact them and explain in detail regarding this issue to make sure this is a warranty claim and weather possible to get a replacement handle if its the case, but they didnt really give me a proper respond as weather this is a valid warranty claim or not all they said is just to send the handle there and they will have a look into it????,
i dont want to waste $60 on postage to and from there just to remove a handle knob and finding out that this is not warranty, no point for me, the handle+knob is already damaged anyway, i think i just live with it.and just take it there when i go there next time :-[

Chuen Fan

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
If you know anyone who is good at welding, get them to tack weld the part that is spinning onto the handle... Looks awfully ugly, but I have a mate that's had it done and is still using the handle to date!
AKA: Sunny