Khaled Altaher

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
New butt section
February 18, 2010, 08:04:08 PM
I need to build a new butt section for my Shimano caranx kaibutsu Long Cast 8'2".

Plz provide me with some shop names. Thanks.

Gareth Branicki

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
Re: New butt section
February 18, 2010, 11:24:39 PM
I cant help with any shops but have faced a similar problem twice while loading the car up while in a rush realised i had forgot my smith gtk 74 pg rod butt in the house got my son to grab it told him to stick it in the boot hes 10 he put it on the back bumper we then drove off never saw it again that was last sept  i found out i could order a replacement and did so took nearly 3 months and 180 dollars  the rod is the same rod wife broke last month . In december i lost the rod butt to my ripple fisher rod while out on the rocks its now on its way nomad ordered a replacement for me very happy but the cost made me jump not going to say, i will never lose one again . 
So i have found at least 2 manufactures who supply rod butts if you lose it not sure about shimano but i think you should contact whoever the shimano distributer is where you are located you might be able to order a replacement butt section . hope that helps while looking through search google and forums i didnot find a single post of someone in my situation and what they had done  i actually pm rohit whos a member on here but also on sportfish extreme in regards to it  when i lost the smith butt he said try the distributer which i  wouldnt have thought to do (thanks rohit for the advice).
 so you might be in luck 

Jarrad Heritage

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
Re: New butt section
February 19, 2010, 01:53:09 PM
I have a spare Caranx Kaibutsu Surface Monster butt section.

Not to sure if it fits whats you are looking for, maybe someone else can elaborate.