Marc Towers

Hi all,

I have just purchased my first set of Stella reels - 8000 HG and 10000 PG JDM models - my problem is i assumed that the handles are interchageable as in the saltiga's - just screw them on either side of the reel... But whilst the handles fit on perfectly in RH wind configuration, they dont seem to want to screw on in the LH configuration..? :-[

Similarly i can manage to get a newly purchased SOM no limits handle on the Stella with no problems as a RH wind, but it seems to not want to fit as a LH wind option..?

Am i being particularly stupid, or is there something i am doing wrong...?!  ;) ;D

any comments very welcome..

Marc.

Serge de Bruijn

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
My FA series Stella came with an extra shaft that needed to be changed in the handle in order to change LH to RH wind.

Maybe that is the case here as well ?

Good luck anyway !

Serge.

Marc Towers

Hi Serge,

thanks for the comments - yes, i saw the extra shaft and thought this may be the case - thanks for confirming this suspicion.. ;)

I think that may mean i am a little stuck with the SOM No Limits handle though, as i cant see any means to convert this..what a shame.. :-[

Cheers, marc.

Hon-Su Chin

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
you maybe able to get the LW shaft for your SOM handle.
Otherwise you can ask if possible to return the handle to exchange for a lefty.

Marc Towers

Thanks for the advice Hon-Su - much appreciated. Yes, i think i am a little stuck with the SOM handle - you live and learn! I think i should have gone for a Yumeya lightweight woven handle knob instead... ;)

Marc.