AustralianAngling

PAPUA NEW GUINEA
April 07, 2010, 05:40:42 PM
I currently have 2 spaces left available on up coming live aboard blue water trip in Papua New Guinea.
This year we will visit another new location.
Trip dates are the 1 July return 7 July. 7 nights live aboard.
A week Black Bass fishing is also available prior to blue water section for those with time to spare.

Brock Arifovic

• Dogtooth Tuna
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: PAPUA NEW GUINEA
April 07, 2010, 07:13:02 PM
I'm not sure what exactly what I'm looking forward to the most, the bluewater or black bass fishing. But there definately should be some interesting & exciting fishing to be had at both locations chasing a huge variety of fish, from blue marlin, gt's, coral trout, doggies just to name a few. Only time will tell as to what we can actually land.

I have seen some of the pics & videos of previous years, & there is definately some great fishing to be had & spectacular scenery to see.
Last Edit: April 07, 2010, 07:20:17 PM by Brock Arifovic

AustralianAngling

April 08, 2010, 09:54:30 AM
For all those who have asked about trip plan I have listed here.
For information on operation visit our PNG website http://www.baiafishingpng.com/
If you are just interested in Bluewater section you can just do that part of trip.

Arrive Hoskins 22nd or 23rd June depending on flights available* book early*. Accommodation at Liamo at own cost $150 Au a night
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*Bass fishing
24, 25, 26, 27, 28.*

*With Bass fishing we will be staying at Laimo resort and traveling daily to some rivers not fished by tourists or by guests at  Baia lodge.
I am also planning an overnight canoe trip from mountains down stream this is very special. * (1 night camp in jungle) *
*5 days fishing includes meals / accommodation / boats / transfers. $3750.00*
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

29th Liamo Resort $150.00 Au *Included in cost*
30th Liamo Resort $150.00 Au *Included in cost*

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Depart 1July on Mother ship
Return 7 July Mother ship
7th Overnight Liamo $150.00 Au *Included in cost***

8th Fly out.

**Price for Mother ship part of trip is $5780.00 Au..
Includes all meals onboard, boats, laundry service daily. ( Drinks are purchased prior to departure and loaded on to ship.

_Total for trip $9980.00_
Plus accommodation at Liamo on arrival in PNG
You will also require medical insurance as mother ship will require details when we board in case you need evacuation. We are extremely isolated were we are going.
Last Edit: April 08, 2010, 09:56:40 AM by Steve Philp

Damien Phillip

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
April 09, 2010, 06:54:31 PM
Definitely on the to-do list. That overnight canoe trip sounds exciting! Steve, what tackle/gear would you associate with black bass and when is the next planned trip?

AustralianAngling

April 09, 2010, 09:32:21 PM
Hi Damien

The minimum I fish is 30lb and that is considered light, generally I have 2 Black Sheep reels one with 50lb AVANI Casting PE#4 and the other 90lb AVANI GT SMP PE#6.
I have in past even cast Carpenter Sea Frog's for some amazing results 50lb spot tail bass love surface lures and so do the black.
Baia lodge is usually in operation from May to November, operates over new and full for around a week on each phase. So if spot available you can visit lodge any time.
This trip is a special mainly for the blue water and taking the mother ship which I organize once a year.

Brad.Bell

• Red Bass
  • Liked:
May 17, 2010, 11:07:41 PM
2011 is GT's but I think 2012 will have to be black bass, been putting it off for years but i think it is going to have to happen soon