Nomad Sportfishing

• Past Sponsor
  • Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Bugatti Reef Guides Report 18 April 2010
April 19, 2010, 11:19:11 AM
Chris report: Had a late start today due to the changeover of clients.
Fished pretty much only in the afternoon. My plan was to fish the western edge of the reef on the outgoing and did pretty well. Managed to pull out 3 nice GTs today and saw another 12 or more. But for some reason the fish have lock jaw. Not much bait happening though just focused on working the pressure points of the reef. Found one nice patch of fusiliers and managed to pull one off it and saw 4. Most of the fish that we saw today followed the lures and looked like they weren't really interested which puzzled me a little.

Glan report:- The wind is still beating us and blowing 25 knots all day with strong currents, made the sea a little bit of a mess...we had the guest change over and with the first plane due early there was only a few guests that could get out, it took me a while in the morning to find a place that was comfortable enough to stand up in the rough conditions and cast some lures but ended up finding a nice long ledge that must have been built for these kind of conditions. Along the edge we raised about 10 Gts, boating only 1 and a few decent size gold spot trevally. The gts still seem to be only following and swirling on the lures as if to only have a look out of interest and not hunger. This afternoon I had a fresh boat of guests and they were just getting into the swing of things so I showed them around the reef with some lighter gear and we managed to get a variety of fish in the couple hours we had including a beast of a red bass which proved quite an interesting story to extract it from the maze of bommies on the lighter gear, I have found it really awesome fishing with the new Sebile range of lures on the boat and we have so many options now with the lighter gear and there is no doubt that between the guides we are catching way more of a variety and a lot more numbers of fish, Gold spot trevally, Bludger trevally, Shark Mackerel, Long tail tuna, Red bass, Coral Trout they are just a few species to mention that have been caught over the past week and I think in the future the fish should just be very scared...