Nomad Sportfishing

• Past Sponsor
  • Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Bugatti Reef Guides Report 20 April 2010
April 20, 2010, 12:13:44 PM
Damon Report:- Went out for some light tackle action today and had an absolute ball catching all sorts of fish. We had longtail tuna, goldspot trevally, massive barracuda, bludger trevally, shark mackerel, GTs, Spanish mackerel, coral trout and a few others. We spent the morning mainly fishing lighter gear on the 40lb rods, but still landed 3 GTs to 15kgs, and got busted off by a couple of really big ones. We pulled the hooks on a 35kg GT just before lunch, and then went out for an afternoon session where we landed another couple of GTs and got busted off by a few more big ones. There are heaps of fish biting, and the GTs are even biting well, but they are eating very small lures because of all the small whitebait around, which makes it hard to land anything of any size at the moment, as you need to use light gear to cast the small lures. All up, we had a really good day with a variety of species, and despite the consistent 30kn of wind, we fished in calm water all day, which was very pleasant.

Chris report: This morning was a little slow for me for some reason. Targeted the longtail tuna schools but they were very spooky. Still managed to hook up to a nice GT on one of the points but unfortunately pulled the hooks on him. Tried pulling out some nice shark mackerel but the sharks were a little quick for us today. In the afternoon we were determined to hook a nice longtail on the light stuff and we managed to pull out 2 nice sized longtails. As the sun began to get lower and lower the guys wanted to get into some GTs, so the light stuff was put away and the big gear came out. Hooked some nice GTs to about 30kg but lost them to the coral reef unfortunately. Saw another 2 on a small little shoal but they only head butted the lures for some reason.

Nick Report:- Today started off well with the shark mackerel going mad in the first couple of hours. We couldn't ignore the birds anymore that were congregating just to the north of us, we sneaked up on the them and were immeadiately 4 sticks away with longtail. With a bit of mayhem happening on the boat spirits were good despite the 30kts blowing us away. We also got stuck into queenies amoungst the longtail. Came back to Odyssey for a leisurly lunch and a civilised cup of tea and proceeded out to hunt some GTs. We managed to hook one that reefed us and raised another two. Tomorrow is another day...

Greg Burt

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
Re: Bugatti Reef Guides Report 20 April 2010
April 20, 2010, 06:58:01 PM
Thank you for my daily 'Nomad' fix
Greg 'FFF' Burt

Nomad Sportfishing

• Past Sponsor
  • Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
April 21, 2010, 09:08:41 AM
Hi Greg! You're the first reply we've had this year :) Mel and I have always enjoyed the daily trip reports we get from the boat, it's good that we're able to share them now. I think the boys are putting in a bit more effort now that they know they have a broader audience than 2!

Greg Burt

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
April 21, 2010, 04:14:58 PM
I think most of the  lookers of the reports [85 on this one alone] are in to much of a stunned animation to reply Clare  :o, not much to say except 'Wish I was there' :D.

PS: I will be in 9 weeks
Greg 'FFF' Burt

Gary Prerost

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
April 21, 2010, 04:46:30 PM
Keep them coming Nomad great to read on a regular basis .Nice to see honest reports

sami

April 21, 2010, 05:13:29 PM
I agree - even though I was there last week I still log on often to check for updates.

The reports are great, wish I was still there.....

Scott Maybury

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
April 21, 2010, 05:18:54 PM
All that light tackle action, let alone the GT's, has my appetite well and truly whet (to the point of drooling) for August

Nomad Sportfishing

• Past Sponsor
  • Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
April 22, 2010, 07:52:11 AM
You guys rock thank you! I've been sending little updates to the crew to let them know how many readers they have. I think they're doing really well!!