Nomad Sportfishing

• Past Sponsor
  • Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Bugatti Reef Guides report 21 April 2010
April 21, 2010, 09:13:03 AM
Damon:- Wind is still blowing out here, but we had a good start to the day with Sorin landing his biggest GT of approx 30kg on the first cast of the day. We ended up coming back for lunch with 3 GTs to the boat and a few more lost. The 114 Stick Shadd has been cleaning up on the longtail tuna. These things work even better than a slug, and they cast a mile. The beauty of these lures is that they have a great action when straight retrieved, but you don't have to wind them as fast as a slug to catch fish, perfect for smaller reels, just cannot believe how the fish eat those things. 2 of the GTs we landed were also on these lures today. Spent the arvo chasing longtails and landed plenty around the 8-9kg mark, lots of shark mackerel as well. Brett's lunch back at Odyssey was simply awesome!

Chris report;- Today we were focused on one thing and that was GTs although it was slow this morning we still managed to see about 6 for the day. Finding lots of fusy schools in little bays of the reef were the current pushed up on. Although still struggling to pull them out. We saw one of at least 40kg in a blue hole today where there was a big school of fusys. We only managed to pull one GT out today. Although still had a great day catching the blokes their first ever longtails. And a couple of mackerel were also caught today.

Glan report:- The bad weather continues to plague us out here but I had a chilled out bunch of guys, we went hunting some calm water to go do some fishing in, managed to find a decent looking bay with a fraction of current we raised a few gts and got 2 quality sized gold spots and a giant red bass of 17.5lbs one of the biggest I have ever seen. The lunch time break at the mother ship was awesome with an enjoyable cooked lunch which definitely recharged the guys' batteries and we set search for some gts in the afternoon, went to one of my favourite ledges and we were lucky enough to find a shoal of very nervous fusies stacked tight up against the edge, poppers landed in amongst them and there were eruptions everywhere, we raised 8 fish in a short 2 hour session and had 4 solid hook ups on fish up to 30kg but were a little unlucky not to get any to the boat, there was so much action along that ledge the white bait were constantly getting obliterated by gold spots, bludgers and mackerel and I feel sorry for any fisherman that comes back in their second life as one of them cause life is going to be very hard.

Nick Report :- We started off today searching for the ever elusive GT but did not manage to find him. We headed west into one of the bays and quickly got stuck into longtail tuna, sharkies and some nice mac tuna. We had non stop light tackle action till lunch time. With a quick recharge we headed off for another search for GT's in the afternoon. We managed to get a nice fish of 25kilos out of one of the blue holes. So all in all we were pretty happy with that result considering the weather's against us