Nomad Sportfishing

• Past Sponsor
  • Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Bugatti Reef Guides Report 23 April 2010
April 27, 2010, 07:43:51 AM
Chris report: The fishing this morning was far from great even though we didn't boat any GTs we saw them. Had a couple of monster fish come up and head butt the poppers but still not hooking up. I had estimated this fish to be at least 40. I was working a long edge that ran along blue holes, where the current was pushing up on. I saw plenty of fusiliers and was seeing a couple of GTs on each school. For 3 hours fishing this morning we saw 9 fish but boated none. Just seeing these fish was just as good as catching them with some of the takes. This afternoon I only ended up fishing for 2 hours but saw 1 and got one out of a blue hole. Around 15 - 20kg. It was a tiny blue hole I was amazed to see this fish was actually sitting in there. Caught a few sharkies and saw plenty of schools of longtails and small mac tuna.

Nick Report :- Headed out today with the guys from New Caledonia on one last mission to catch that Giant that has been hiding from us for so long. We headed out and started fishing some of the blues holes just a few miles north of the mother ship. Within 15 minutes of fishing we had hooked up our first fish but unfortunately the reef got the better of us. After another 45 minutes or so we had a monster of a fish come up and eat the stick bait - 50 kilos. He managed to straighten a 10/0 stainless marlin hook within seconds!
So we have yet to get the beast from his hole yet. We headed back to the mother ship to pick up the next group of guys that had just landed, headed out get a couple of hours in before dark. We headed off north to another tasty looking hole and managed to land a healthy specimen at 30 kilos. On the way home we ran across some birds and managed to get two nice longtail to the boat. Ended the day on a good note.

Alex report- This afternoon started promising the first two casts raised GTs, but then after that it got quite slow. They were the only GTs that we saw for the afternoon but there were a fair few schools of tuna and big sharkys around, we boated a few of them and out of a blue hole we got one really super stripey.

Tim: I only did 2 hours this afternoon after the plane had delivered the last batch of keen anglers frothing at the mouth. After a quick rigging session we headed south for a few miles and entered an awesome area with current pushing up on to walls. The poppers rained down and some very vigorous popping ensued. We raised a pack of Gts that were trying to maul the lures but Didier was the lucky one the Gts decided to focus their attention on. In short order he had a screaming drag but unfortunately he dropped the fish. Mathieu had no better luck a short while later with a Gt grabbing his lure and yanking the rod but not hooking up. We had a few more Gts come up over the next hour but they were just window shopping and turning away from the lure at the last moment. No Gts landed but we went back to Odyssey with smiles on our faces, hatching plans for the next day.