jay currie

Matava Fiji
May 03, 2010, 04:47:53 PM
Finally got pics off my mates camers my biggest fish here wash measured at 47inches so I guessed 30kg? the photo isn't the best.
Most of these pics are from the last day were we landed 7 Gts between the two of us for the day with myself having one bust off. We had a great day with a popping session in the morning landing three Gts and busting off on one, then on our way to a jigging spot came across a massive school of yellow fin I hook one on spin gear prob around 8kg but the decky dropped him at the side of the boat. They soon disappeared and we went to jigging for doggies. I hooked up first drop but was only 2kg trout, then about 30mins later I finally hook up again and this time it was big. I was stoked for I thought I had a doggie but as we could see colour we soon realised it was a Gt around 20kg (from 80m deep). We then persisted for a little while with the jigging but to no avail so we went back to the popping and Matty was soon rewarded with a nice Gt around 12kg.

We then headed for home I was popping the outside reef on the way back when I commented to Joe (the skipper) that all the Gts were going he told me to have a couple more casts, then on the very next cast a large Gt came up and engulfed my cubera pulling drag straight away and heading back to the reef. Joe quickly drove us out and we soon had the Gt on board it measured 47inches long and was a great way for me to end a great trip.