Gordon George

• Phytoplankton
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Witch is the best out of these Braids and possibly why? ???

Greg Burt

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
Rovex is re-branded Sufix, which although has a very fine diameter, has broken under specs in some of my own testing, I have never had a problem with Tufline and am more than happy with it.
Last Edit: May 17, 2010, 09:22:06 PM by Greg Burt
Greg 'FFF' Burt

Sachin Chaudhry

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
Tuf Line and Power Pro 100 have not give me any problems. Even find PP 80lb just about unburstable.

David Rapley

tuffline is exactly what the name suggests, and is the best of the three (two) by far.

I work in a tackle store and we no longer stock the other two due to repeated dramas.

Greg is correct Rovex is rebadged suffix.

Lars Nielsen

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
Hi David,

Which of the Sufix braids have you seen problems with? I have been using Sufix Performance Braid for a couple of years and put it through the most insane abuse. It has never let me down.

Thanks.

Lars

David Rapley

Hi Lars,

I think i should be clear in what i say, so i dont go stirring up anything, but the lines i was talking about were matrix pro, and herculine. (We also had gyro, but tis a real entry level rope, oops i mean braid). I probly also should have mentioned that what we were selling these lines for was 99percent reef fishing, as we dont have a huge popping contingent here (god only knows why not, it is growing though).

We would continually have complaints of the line parting extremely easily, being hard to knot(i realsie that is a statement that is relative to the ability of the user). Biting into itself(again relative to the user)strangly enough we had alot of complaints about it being both to thin and breaking under its rec strain.

Again workin in a retail situation i completely recognise that alot of people are uneducated in the best ways to use braided lines and to get the most out of there lines, but in saying that, it is extremely rare that we get any complaints at all about Tuffline.

This is by no means an attemp to undermine the quality of suffix lines as i have no doubt, as you have stated yourself, that for some people and situations it is more than sufficient for the job they need done.

My apologies Lars if my first statement was at all out of line, was only attenpting to shed a different angle on it. Hopefully this answers your question.

Dave

John Joubert

but in saying that, it is extremely rare that we get any complaints at all about Tuffline

I ran Tuffline on my old charter boat for 12 years and never had any issues at all, I ve run suffix on my ultralight setups and pulled it off after 4 uses and replaced with Tuff.
JMHO.

JJ

Lars Nielsen

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
Dave,

Ok, thanks for clearing that up. Out of the Sufix braids, my own recommendation only goes for Performance Braid, which I see as vastly underrated up until lately, maybe because previous Sufix braids have not been as good. (And maybe due to its lame name. ::)) Performance Braid though is in fact gaining a very good reputation in the bluefin tuna casting community at the US east coast where tackle is truly tested to the max. It is tight, round, soft, easy casting (no wind knots) and very reliable. I never had a bustoff on it. One experience I have had with it was a 26 kgs GT on the 30 pound version at Musandam, Oman, which anybody can tell you is very unforgiving territory.

Anyway Tufline is certainly also a very good line. I find it more loose and not as round as PB, but it will take any abuse. Very reliable choice.

David Rapley

Lars,
          26kg on 30lb is a awsome achievement, especially with a dirty GT attached. Nice fish. I will profess that i havent used the performance braid, but as you say it does sound better than the suffix we have had here. And i must agree, it is a crummy name!
Good fishin mate!