Nathan

Whitsundays
July 17, 2007, 09:15:38 PM
 Just though i would ask if anyone of the site has done any popping or jigging in through the Whitsundays, i've been given a few places to try for GT's but anyone with info would be much appreciated.
 Some of the places i've been told are around Hook Island,outside Hayman and Hamilton, or should i just get there and look for Bommies Dropoffs and the like,what size poppers should i be looking at using in this area, I've been told that October is a good time to target them?

Thanks Nathan 

aaron

Re: Whitsundays
July 27, 2007, 10:39:02 PM
NATHAN,HOOK IS A VERY GOOD SPOT.BUT YOU CAN JUST ABOUT FIND THEM ANY WERE.SHUTE HARBOUR IS A GOOD SPOT BUT LANDING THEM IS ANOTHER STORIE WITH ALL THE STRUCTURE.FOR JIGGING TRY FINDING BAIT SCHOOL JUST OUT WIDE OF ISLANDS AND A RAIDER ALLWAYS WORKS WELL ON THE OTHER HAND TODAY I HAD BIGGER FISH  LIKEING A ZEST JIG.

anthony rizzo

July 29, 2007, 06:12:48 PM
Guys, been heading up to dingo beach off the rocks big gt's up that way, look for the drop off, used the nomad stickbait today raised more gts than i have ever seen, three of the i had no idea what they were because they were so big, conservativly 30-40kg+! they pushed each other out of the way but nothing struck the lure..yet! It's about a 1 - 1 1/2 hour walk from dingo, but well worth it!

have been getting big numbers of gts only up to 5kg with soft plastics on my walk around to the spot.will get name of bay and post here.

Nathan

August 06, 2007, 05:31:36 PM
 RIZZO:Where abouts is Dingo Beach in relation to Shute Harbour?

aaron

August 06, 2007, 09:41:20 PM
hi nathan,shute is noway near dingo,actually dingo is afair way from everthing.
but im sure i wont be hard to get rizzo or my self to take you to a few spots when your here!were both allways keen!! ;D

anthony rizzo

August 06, 2007, 10:04:58 PM
Nathan,

Dingo beach is 30 mins north of airlie beach, there are some great gt areas around there and all you have to do is work your way along the coast back along towards airlie beach, you will find plenty of good current and drop offs, Aaron is right when your free let either of us know, Aaron is always catching huge fish!

Nathan

August 13, 2007, 05:03:15 PM
 Where about are you guy's based?

aaron

August 13, 2007, 06:52:49 PM
hey nathan,
rizzo and my self are both based at cannonvale, airlie beach.there are so many gts her at the moment!! was at boat ramp at shute harbour on weekend and there was so many gts around 40kg mark with the occasional  black gt wich were even bigger!!  and these fish were that close to the pontoon that you could touch them with the end of your rod!!!!

Nathan

August 20, 2007, 09:20:23 AM
 Maybe we should hook up for a fish when i get up there?