Nomad Sportfishing

• Past Sponsor
  • Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Nick: Lost for words again and don't know when we are all going to wake up from this dream....not sure if I want to though. Started off today again with a glass off ocean and bait everywhere, we had a slow morning only having three fish by 11:30 then had lunch and waited for the run out to start and oh my goodness what happened next was insane fish at every corner and eating like crazy! There was nowhere we went where we didn't get stuck into fish, and managed to boat 28 GTs for the day and a few nice Spannish Mackeral. WOW.......

Damon:-The fish were biting again today. Perfect calm weather and huge Numbers of GTs. We hooked up tight and were bending on 67 GTs today and landed 23 fish. We had every type of lost fish imaginable, including broken rods, many lures lost in the reef, giant fish bending open 13/0 fisherman single hooks and breaking carpenter stickbaits in half. A great day of action.

Glanville:- Wow I don't really know where to start, today has topped off my career as a fishing guide and made it all worth the while, we boated......wait for it....49 Gts  in a single day along with a pile of other species, that means in an 8 hour day we were catching a Gt every 9 mins and that's not counting all the other Rainbow Runners, Mackerel and smaller trevallies, we even boated a quality sized floury cod. Well judging how broken the guys were at the end of the day, that seems pretty accurate.
Accompanied by Mark Berg who caught 18 Gts, Ryan who caught 14 and Kyle who caught 17, our main aim for the day was to get some underwater footage of a Gt eating a popper right at the boat, and I think some of the stuff we got would put Discovery Channel and National Geographic to shame, we had triple bending scenarios all day and there were at some satges no less than 20-30 free swimming fish just crusing around under the boat like they were on holiday, the amount of Gts we saw was just un real, we even caught 2 Gts on a single lure in a single cast, we were unlucky not to boat any giants today and our biggest fish we got was 35kg which is an awesome specimen never the less.
This is the first time in the history of Nomad Sportfishing that we have ever caught over 500 Gts in 5 days of fishing, we boated 519 Gts to be exact in the 5 full days of fishing and there is still tomorrow morning to go, I feel privileged to be lucky enough to be part of this experience and add my share of 164 Gts to the total for the week, I'm really just lost for words yet again, what seems like a dream just gets better and better by the day and the weather has just been amazing and the sight of a Gt coming to demolish a surface lure off a glassy calm ocean will never get old and another thought....i feel sorry for all the suckers out there who don't know about fishing........They have no clue on what they really missing out on!!!!

Chris:- the fishing over the last 5 days has been absolutely incredible, mind blowing, amazing. I'm just lost for words. It seems like every day just kept getting better and better. It will be an experience that will stay in my mind for the rest of my life. The guys have done an absolutely great job catching all these fish. I congratulate all of the fellas on this charter for the effort they put in it has been great. Now where to start. Today was as I was saying the best day so far. The amount of fish we saw and lost, man I just lost count. The GTs have been biting there heads off. Well we had 15 to the boat by 11 o'clock and the numbers just kept rolling in. one after the other. We finished for the day with 32 GTs which was crazy for the dory.
We also boated an absolute monster. The biggest GT I have ever seen and the measurements and calculations came to 1 meter 40 by 1 meter 10 girth. Which calculated to about 59kg, but I'm saying 60 this thing took 3 of the guys to lift in, including myself. It was just surreal. I just didn't think these sort of fish existed. It was mind blowing. It took 3 of us just to lift it for the camera shot. A very, very big congrats to sandy and tim for catching this absolute horse of a fish. They did extremely well. This fish was hanging off a patch of fussies well off the reef. The fish was taking on a Goby "long" rigged with two belly SJ 41 9/0 hooks and a 9/0 Jobu trailing off the back. And the lure of the week I would have to say was the Goby "short" rigged exactly the same way. These lures rigged and worked the right way are a sure way to smash those GTs and the hook up rate on these lures hasbeen great. This is my last day of charter so I'm back to the land. I hope the fishing continues on and the boys have a cracker of a time on the last week. Good luck boyyyys....

Earl Hamilton

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
I think Awesome is an over used word, but it is right for these reports. Epic , and a historical legend in the making -on film too.  I expect to see you all still wearing 5XL smiles still in July, and I hope to earn mine !!!

Scott Maybury

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
Oh.....my.....god

Brock Arifovic

• Dogtooth Tuna
  • Liked:
Hhhhhhhmmmmm I wonder if you have left any fish for the nest trip out there in June/July? Will the guys going on this trip be changing there lure selection once again?

Andre van Wyk

• Dogtooth Tuna
  • DARK CONTINENT DARKSTAR RIDER
  • Liked:
Oh.....my.....god

What he said..... I got a message from Richard Foong on Tuesday stating 519 GT's in 5 days... I thought it was a typo until he confirmed it!!!

Insane work, and big ups to the Nomad Crew for making it all happen!
To Ride, Shoot Straight and Speak the Truth...

Chuen Fan

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
29 more sleeps and counting....!!!
AKA: Sunny

John Campbell

• Fusilier
  • winner 2010 MC award Elusive GT tournament
  • Liked:

hey  Sunny    wets the appetite doesnt it !!!!

Those numbers are amazing

Scott Maybury

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
Please just make sure there are at least a few GT left at Bugatti by the end of August that haven't seen or eaten 12 poppers!  :D

Dorian Weber

• Phytoplankton
  • Liked:
im going to cancel my account on here..this is just depresing hahaha ;)

keep up the good work

Peter Morris

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
29 more sleeps and counting....!!!

c u there sunny..!!....Hope it satys like this..!!

Pete

Nomad Sportfishing

• Past Sponsor
  • Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
Don't worry team, we are still fishing completely new areas of this massive reef system even after 4 years of exploration. Make sure you check out Chris, Tim and Sandy Angus with their 60kg GT on the Fishing World website!

C.