Bertrand Loyeung

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Varivas Super pe Braid
May 26, 2010, 11:58:52 PM
has anybody use or heard about the Varivas Super pe Braid. They are pretty well priced

http://www.jdmtackle.com/product_view.php?product_id=299

cheers
bertrand

Jon Li

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
Re: Varivas Super pe Braid
May 27, 2010, 02:27:06 AM
Hi Bertrand ,

Just bought a spool of 270m - 15 kg breaking strain but have not spool it yet into my baitcaster , I like the spool size of 270m which means I can fill 2 reels with one spool of this new line instead of always have 50~70m of leftover when using Varivas CAST .

Was going to the freshwater rivers to fish the blackbass , hampala n mahseer this upcoming long weekend but the trip was cancelled due to rain hasn't stopped yet so can't tell you about this line except it seems to be as thin as the PE3 Varivas Cast but cheaper in price .

If I find this new is good then I might fill my tuna spool so I can get enough line , hence feel more confident from being spooled again , imagine 450m of 30 kg line in a spool instead of only 250m !

Jon . 
Last Edit: May 27, 2010, 03:26:33 AM by Jon Li
It's not what you don't know that gets you into trouble , it's what you know for sure that ain't so . Mark Twain .

Ben Earl

May 31, 2010, 05:34:32 PM
I use the casting PE and the new jigging lines from Varivas. I was given them for testing purposes and the only thing that I find is that the small PE lines (#2) get wind knots fairly easily which makes it tricky with customers. Its strong, supple and thin for its strength (I have landed a 15kg+ GT on Varivas PE#2 casting line). I have since purchased some too for my popping rods.

David Rapley

May 31, 2010, 06:44:03 PM
hey ben,

Who is the Australian importer, am keen for a look....

Cheers Dave

Ben Earl

June 01, 2010, 10:04:34 AM
Hi Dave,
Sorry mate, I am in Palau. The boss of Varivas gave me some line to try the last time he came fishing with us. Im not sure about the OZ distributor but I think the line is worth a try for sure. The Jigging Max stuff is unbelievably strong

David Rapley

June 03, 2010, 10:58:25 AM
Ahh my bad ben,
                            Not to worry i will do some research, thanks anyway.
Dave

Darren Douche

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
June 03, 2010, 11:44:54 AM
Australian angling is the supplier for varivas in aus.

David Rapley

June 03, 2010, 04:39:39 PM
Cheers muchly Darren. Apreciate it.