Nomad Sportfishing

• Past Sponsor
  • Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Elusive Reef Guides Report 31 May 2010
June 01, 2010, 09:21:38 AM
Glanville:- It's day 4 and the GT gods have not let us down yet again, we managed to boat 32 Gts today yet again. In the past 4 days I have managed to boat 115 Gts in my boat alone which is pretty unbelievable, between the boats we have boated 387 GTs in the 4 days, that's just unheard of, every spot we stopped at today we had Gts with their backs out the water after lures going absolutely mad, it still feels like I'm living in a dream at the moment, with perfect weather, glassed out ocean and just crazy fishing. Like the past days, to try and describe the events of the day in words alone is just impossible.

Damon:- had another amazing day of GT fishing. I had the 3 russian anglers today, and the lack of English made things interesting. Their aim was to target GTs all day and nothing else, so that is what we did. We released 31 Gts for the day and hooked up over 65 GTs. The biggest for the day was around 34kg and the smallest was 20kg. There were that many fish that we even caught 2 GTs of about 22kg each on the same lure!! It is really quite impossible to describe the fishing action this week, but the previous days' reports have tried. There is no point me trying to describe this again, other than to say that we are experiencing some of the very best GT fishing you could ever imagine. Chris and Nick have been having a ball in the dories chasing fish in the shallows, and Chris again released a silly  number of GTs today given he was also fishing the shallows. Nick had the film crew and they got some truly amazing footage again today. All round incredible stuff. Whenever this mark berg show airs, everyone must watch it because it will be the craziest fishing action you have ever seen!!

Nick: We were after a 5kg Coral Trout today to help tie up the prize for the contestant on Mark Bergs show to complete his species list. We managed to land two smaller specimens around 2kilos. After much determination he decided that the GT bug was getting to him and he needed to go and chase some GTs. So we headed off looking for some monsters on the light gear and did they show themselves! We managed to get some amazing takes today the cameraman was absolutely blown away. We fished a lot in the shallows getting busted off by big GTs all on light gear. At the end of the day Tay the cameraman landed a beast fish of 30kg on light tackle which was awesome as we were getting busted off left right and centre so to actually land one was good. We managed to end the day with a nice mixed bag of trout, stripes, bludgers, gold spot, long toms, mackerel and GTs. Another great day's fishing.

Scott Maybury

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
Re: Elusive Reef Guides Report 31 May 2010
June 03, 2010, 08:37:28 AM
It should be illegal to continuously post reports like this....my wife and my colleagues all think I am crazy, walking around talking to myself "100 GT in a day"..."another 30+ for a boat today".... shaking my head the whole time in awe.....

The end of August can't come quickly enough. Just one day like this please fishing gods! I will sacrifice many expensive surface lures at your reefy altar!

Nomad Sportfishing

• Past Sponsor
  • Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
Re: Elusive Reef Guides Report 31 May 2010
June 03, 2010, 01:26:12 PM
Oh dear, they're really not going to be happy with 1 June then! C.