Mark Harris

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Big Sumba GT's - last weeks trip
August 10, 2010, 01:55:30 PM
Yes indeed Garry  ;).  As Anthony and I am sure others here will confirm, Nusa Penida is the prime spot to fish for day trips out of Bali.

Anthony Dillon

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
August 22, 2010, 05:05:45 PM
Mark,

I met and discussed this trip last night with the guys in Surabaya. Definitely no security issues according to them so i wonder if we are talking about the same place ? This might be a bit further north than the area you mention .

Plan is to fly into Ambon and then get on a local tuna boat which will be the live aboard and tow a speed boat with us. Apparently the atolls - 3 in total and huge are 100 miles south of Ambon so takes several hours to get there. Apparently in November waters are calm so that the best time to go. Atolls are called Luci Para. Apparently Bali guys are also going up there but to spearfish doggies.If we put it together will drop you a line.

Regards

Mark Harris

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
August 22, 2010, 09:06:01 PM
Mark,

I met and discussed this trip last night with the guys in Surabaya. Definitely no security issues according to them so i wonder if we are talking about the same place ? This might be a bit further north than the area you mention .

Plan is to fly into Ambon and then get on a local tuna boat which will be the live aboard and tow a speed boat with us. Apparently the atolls - 3 in total and huge are 100 miles south of Ambon so takes several hours to get there. Apparently in November waters are calm so that the best time to go. Atolls are called Luci Para. Apparently Bali guys are also going up there but to spearfish doggies.If we put it together will drop you a line.

Regards

Sounds very, very interesting Anthony and please do keep me informed.  I am committed to another trip to East Nusa Tenggara in early November..........

If there are well informed local guys checking out the security situation then I will keep quiet about previous reservations :). I am trying to pinpoint Luci Para (not easy!). Pirates are definitely an issue anywhere in the Banda Sea but so they are in most Indonesian fishing spots east of Bali.

andrias surya

August 26, 2010, 11:59:57 AM
thanks for the reply guys and i am watching this thread very closely to see how your trip is coming into place. I am not sure when ill be back in indo but once i am back i know just the right person to contact now....
cheers

djoko pranoto

September 01, 2010, 09:32:38 PM
Hi Andrias,
When you back to Surabaya? lets join with us. Your brother andhy told me about you. we share fishing information every week here. we have plan to fish in sumba on September-November.

andrias surya

September 03, 2010, 01:03:55 AM
hi djoko,
I will definitely be back to sby around june next year for a friend wedding. However if I can get some time off from work i might be back this january. Hope to see you soon then and good luck on the september trip
cheers