Jay Burgess

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Twinpower FC power knob?
October 25, 2009, 08:57:58 PM
Does any one know if there are any power knobs that suit the FC twinpowers? I have a 5000FC that I use for light jigging and I'm trying to find an after market power knob for it. I know some of the Jigging master knobs fit some twinpowers but it only mentions the older JDM twinpowers (HG/PG models) and the new SW twinpowers.

Hon-Su Chin

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
Re: Twinpower FC power knob?
October 25, 2009, 09:54:30 PM
Get the cheapies and drill out the shaft. Yes but of a drill and hack job but its the only way unless someone knows of one out there.

Shouldve got the JDM SW Twinpower....lol

Jay Burgess

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
October 25, 2009, 10:09:40 PM
Get the cheapies and drill out the shaft. Yes but of a drill and hack job but its the only way unless someone knows of one out there.

Shouldve got the JDM SW Twinpower....lol

Yeah true, if I go down that path I'll probably just get a Stella SW5000PG - they come with an ultra light carbon knob anyway.

Hon-Su Chin

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
October 25, 2009, 11:00:10 PM
yeh for another lazy $500 more....

Im gonna settle for a SW Twinpower 5000PG to replace my old Stella 5k FA and my current Certate 4000.

I'll check with my mate on the JM knobs to see if they have any available or not. Remind me if I dont get back to you within 1wk.

Matt Lovett

• Phytoplankton
  • Liked:
May 14, 2010, 09:46:10 AM
yeh for another lazy $500 more....

Im gonna settle for a SW Twinpower 5000PG to replace my old Stella 5k FA and my current Certate 4000.

I'll check with my mate on the JM knobs to see if they have any available or not. Remind me if I dont get back to you within 1wk.

Hi Hon-su

I know Im digging up an old thread but do you remember getting the info. I have the same reel and am interested in a JM power knob as well.

Cheers

Hon-Su Chin

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
May 14, 2010, 10:02:51 PM
are you referring to the FC or the SW twinpowers??

At the moment there's only the large 40mm ones available. The 34mm ones are currently out of stock from the factory.

Colin P

May 15, 2010, 05:19:50 PM
Does any one know if there are any power knobs that suit the FC twinpowers? I have a 5000FC that I use for light jigging and I'm trying to find an after market power knob for it. I know some of the Jigging master knobs fit some twinpowers but it only mentions the older JDM twinpowers (HG/PG models) and the new SW twinpowers.

Hey Jay,

I've got 5000 & 10000FCs. I love the reels for light work but I agree the knobs are awful and uncomfortable in use. If you have any success getting something better please let me know!

Cheers

Colin

Matt Lovett

• Phytoplankton
  • Liked:
May 16, 2010, 10:11:17 AM
are you referring to the FC or the SW twinpowers??

At the moment there's only the large 40mm ones available. The 34mm ones are currently out of stock from the factory.

I'm refering to the FC Twinpower Hon-su. I have the 10000

Chris Panton

May 21, 2010, 10:14:39 PM
Hey guys,

I have a 5000fc also and unfourtunately have only been able to find a 30mm jm knob that fits.comes with a little thread on extention to fit from memory.Not as big as i would have liked but more comfortable than the standard handle none the less.
check out baja tackle on ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/JM-KNOB-DAIWA-CERTATE-STELLA-REEL-GUNMETAL-30mm-/180509342776?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a0731fc38

dont try and order a 40mm as they dont fit the 5000fc as ive tried. :'(

cheers,

chris

Matt Lovett

• Phytoplankton
  • Liked:
June 02, 2010, 03:12:39 PM
Hey guys,

I have a 5000fc also and unfourtunately have only been able to find a 30mm jm knob that fits.comes with a little thread on extention to fit from memory.Not as big as i would have liked but more comfortable than the standard handle none the less.
check out baja tackle on ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/JM-KNOB-DAIWA-CERTATE-STELLA-REEL-GUNMETAL-30mm-/180509342776?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a0731fc38

dont try and order a 40mm as they dont fit the 5000fc as ive tried. :'(

cheers,

chris

Just got my 40mm JM knob from the same Ebay seller.

Fits beautifully on my TP10000FC. The guy from BAJA tackle was very helpful, gave me all the measurements to work out what knob will fit :)

Cheers

Matt