If it swims; I want to catch it!

Leo Sorbello

• Red Bass
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Favourite jig
December 06, 2007, 09:29:35 PM
Hi Guy's, :)

Been jigging for 18 years now. 6 years with the re-birth of jigging in Australia with the japanese style/presentations and updated tackle around nowadays.

Oh my god, I'm not sure how I can still be married ???  with all the $ I've spent over the years on top notch jigs.

Many favourites of mine are;

Fisherman Crazy, Smith Nagamasa's and Jacknifes, Sacrifice Sticks, MC Works Killer Jigs too many to mention.

But you what nothing wrong with the R2S Knife Jigs too. On the day out send down what the fish are wanting and hitting.

It is most times adjusting your style of jigging/presentation to suit and not necessarily changing your jigs every 5 minutes.

Tight Lines !  ;)

Regards

Leo 

Tim Mitsopoulos

December 08, 2007, 03:16:17 PM
Wow , great info guys .
Being a beginner it's quite scary going into a tackle store without any knowledge on jigs , but with all this great info i now know what jigs to look for .
Being in Melbourne there isn't too many stores that specialize in popping / jigging  gear so i'm limited in choices, could you guys reccomend some online stores to try for poppers / jigs.

cheers

Luke Wyrsta

• Administrator
  • Giant Trevally
  • GTPopping.com Founder
  • GT Monster
  • Liked:
December 08, 2007, 05:42:49 PM
Wow , great info guys .
Being a beginner it's quite scary going into a tackle store without any knowledge on jigs , but with all this great info i now know what jigs to look for .
Being in Melbourne there isn't too many stores that specialize in popping / jigging  gear so i'm limited in choices, could you guys reccomend some online stores to try for poppers / jigs.

cheers

Check Jones's mate: http://www.gtpopping.com/forum/index.php/topic,73

Tim Mitsopoulos

December 10, 2007, 06:25:15 PM
Thanks  mate , stuck home with a torn calf so have plenty of time to do some internet shopping  ;D . Will try Jones's

Brandon Khoo

• Foundation Moderator
  • Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
December 11, 2007, 07:46:48 AM
Tim, with jigs (actually, with any lure), it makes a world of difference understanding the way the jig is meant to be worked. Some jisg are meant to be worked slowly (like the incredibly expensive Sanmes) while others are meant to be ripped as fast as you can (like the Sevenseas jigs). Sliders are meant to be woriked with a long pitch and then permitted to "slide" befor the next long pitch.

Some of the guys here will be able to give you much more information that I can. I don't even know how to jig properly!
If it swims; I want to catch it!

Tim Mitsopoulos

December 11, 2007, 09:49:45 AM
Thanks Brandon.
After reading all three pages i have come to the understanding that jigging is quite technical and not just drop jig down , pump rod , wind fast as i was led to believe.
All the guys on the forum have been great with the theories behind there techniques.
Luckily i have just met a mad fisho from down here in Melbourne ( of all places at a job training course ) who loves his jigging and popping and has been to quite a few places around Australia .So between the guys on the forum and my new friend ;D all should be fine.

Marko Pekic

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
September 27, 2011, 10:13:33 AM
Favourite would have to be jigging master aliens.
When x meets y

Brock Lee

• Phytoplankton
  • Liked:
September 28, 2011, 04:05:47 PM
FCL Labo SL jigs, the new FCL Labo SLZ jigs, CB One Quick Zero 1, and CB One Zero 1 Semi Long

Sachin Chaudhry

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
September 28, 2011, 06:42:19 PM
Shout Stay

Mark Stotesbury

• Fusilier
  • Liked: