Robert Palcak

• Red Bass
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Owatatsumi Poppers Non-Delivery
June 12, 2010, 12:41:23 PM
Maybe the China made ones are copies of Owa poppers?

;D ;D ;D
<*///><

Scott Maybury

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
June 12, 2010, 01:04:17 PM
 I have certainly seen pics of them hanging out of fish mouths so I am guessing they can work ok

I was hoping to take them to Fiji last Jan but they never showed up them was hoping to get them for bugatti for the end of august but I am guessing they will never come

Chris will maybe shoot you a PM would be interested to at least get an idea of the story and where mine and my mates money has gone...obviously pretty embarassing for me where I took money off a mate to buy him some too

Chris Leong

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
June 12, 2010, 03:06:00 PM
Scott, please do. I will see what I can do. We certainly dun wish one bad egg action and risk the name of a brand. Drop me a pm with ur mailing address and I see if I can get a couple off my own collection for u to have a go at them in Bugatti.

Daric Loy

June 13, 2010, 10:56:40 AM
Hi guys,

first of all, apologies for all the fuss caused, and for not using caps in my texts.

i'm daric, founder and ceo of predator research laboratories or pr-labs in short. owa poppers are produced for christian based on an oem basis. we are only responsible for producing these poppers for him and in no way are we related to any sales of these poppers to the public. we will not be supplying him with anymore poppers with reasons that i would prefer not to publicly announce. i'm here to clarify not prosecute. owa is a label that we helped created for him and will no longer be in existence once his holding stock runs out. we will not be restricting him if he wishes to continue to use this label by sourcing for other manufacturers to produce for him, but kindly take note that we are no longer affiliated with him or this label.

steve, owas are not produced in china and they certainly do not have the balancing problems that you mentioned in your posts. each and every piece of popper that we produce have their centre of gravity determined before the hole for the swivel is drilled, and we, unlike most of the china manufacturers, field test our products before we start to sell them. have you fished with these lures personally and are you 100% sure that the lures you claim that are not well balanced are the oem poppers produced by us? if not, i would appreciate that you could verify your claims that the poppers produced by us have the problems that you mentioned in one of your post. it may not be rocket science but i can definitely assure you that building and fine tuning the performance of a well balanced popper is not a straight forward matter of simply adding more weight. if our products are not performing as they should, then i believe that one of your countryman owning an online store wouldn't have gone through the trouble of buying and sending our Evolution series to several china manufacturers to try to have them duplicated. to date, there are no china manufacturers that i know of that are capable of producing poppers with decent performance. one of the statements that you said is true though; they don't understand about lure balance.

andrew, thanks for your kind assistance with regards to my request sometime back. you should know what i'm referring to.

chris, thanks for standing up for our products.

scott, they are replicas of carpenter's seafrog. knock offs they are, but i can assure you that the quality and performance are not compromised because they are economically priced. there are many anglers out there with pockets of varying depths and we are well capable of producing tip top finishing like those found on the premium japanese labels, and when our customers are ready to fork out 100 usd for a lure, we have no qualms about producing lures of such calibre. some of the japs lures like craftbaits have really high quality in terms of finishing, while the most of them are over priced, hyped up by propaganda. i'm sorry for your plight with regards to your encounter with christian. in good will, i will send you some Evolution poppers to cover some of your losses. please email me your full mailing address including your tel numbers to [email protected] for shipping purposes. it's gonna take at least a month for me to process the poppers that i'm sending to you, but rest assure that you will receive them from me.

staying at your disposal,
asher daric loy
founder
predator research laboratories

Brandon Khoo

• Foundation Moderator
  • Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
June 13, 2010, 11:50:59 AM
Daric, welcome to the forum and for what is a balanced response. I agree with you that while some of the companies like Craftbait are exemplary in their finishing, it should not be assumed that all Japanese lures fall into this category nor that performance will necessarily be proportional to price.

Based on your advice, it now appears that Christian has been somewhat cavalier with the truth in terms of where the Owas are manufactured. Perhaps he might be kind enough to provide the forum with an explanation for that.

Guys, we'd like this thread to continue but there have been some aspects emerging in some of the discussion that we do not encourage here on GTPopping. I have already corresponded directly by PM with members on this topic.

Happy for discussion to continue but please, let's keep it all nice and civil.
If it swims; I want to catch it!

AustralianAngling

June 13, 2010, 12:43:06 PM
Daric

Well I guess the PR Labs and other lures that were on display at China fish are copies of yours as yours are copies of others.
I have tried the genuine PR Labs with little success ended up giving them away they came from Gavin Koh over a year ago.

Would you mind informing from where the body's of you lures do come from ?

Daric Loy

June 13, 2010, 05:38:57 PM
brandon, thank you for your warm welcome. i agree totally to your statements regard jap products. i'm a fan of well built products myself regardless of the cost and would like to take this opportunity to pay homeage to all manufacturers producing original designs as I understand first hand the time, effort and cost involved in bringing a product from concept to the shelves in the retail stores.

steve, only the oem popper that we produce are replicas of other labels. our evolution series are all original designs. despite the fact that many manufacturers and tackle shops around the globe from taiwan, singapore, malaysia, china, thailand, australia and even japan have tried to replicate our evolution models, we are still the only company in the world that produces poppers with detailed profiles that serves both form and function. i can post the site of one of the china manufacturer that tried to duplicate our evo series for you guys to take a look at how successful their attempts were. with regards to your question, all the bodies of our poppers regardless of evo or the oem are produced in our own factory.   

AustralianAngling

June 13, 2010, 08:28:02 PM
So where is the factory located that makes the oem bodies for you ?

Daric Loy

June 14, 2010, 01:02:44 AM
steve, the evo together with the oem chassis are produced in my production plant that I had set up personally and it's not located in china. the boys from lpb and the chief editor of modern fishing have had a go at our evo poppers and they've landed some respectable fishes with them, so i'm sure that the lures my staff sent you a year ago are performing as they were intended to. i'm sure that you are an accomplished angler in your own rights. perhaps the fishing conditions were not ideal when you used them. i would gladly fish along side with you using our lures while u use the labels that you are you are carrying to compare the real time performance on water. I would also like to close all discussions of the where abouts of my plant as i'm here to clarify my company's relationship with christian.

Brandon Khoo

• Foundation Moderator
  • Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
June 14, 2010, 07:57:16 AM
I think this thread is pretty close to it's " use by" date. Daric has made his position clear so let's leave it at that. This thread was started by Scott to warn other members about a problem he had encountered. It has nothing to do with the origin of the Owa poppers.

Let us also recognise that Daric has offered to compensate Scott where he has absolutely no obligation to do so.
If it swims; I want to catch it!