Nomad Sportfishing

• Past Sponsor
  • Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Elusive Reef 29 June 2010
June 30, 2010, 10:28:19 AM
Tim - Fortunately the weather smiled on us again and we had very pleasant conditions for the day. The fishing was slower today than what it was yesterday but having said that we still had a great time and saw some quality fish. The biggest landed for the day was about 32kg and we lost 2 in the region of 40kg, so overall not a bad session. Eric the designer and manufacturer of Orion lures had a really good session on his Big Nambas stick Bait and the rest of the stick baits in the water work very well. We had a pack attack from Spaniards at one stage and it was awesome to see them airborne all around us as they were squabbling over the lures. A pleasant day was had by all.

Glanville:- yet another awesome day of fishing was to be had by my guys, George, Paul and Brandon were my team of anglers today and our fishing started off with a bang, we cruised over to our area and on arrival noticed a little bit of bait on the edge, Paul sent his goby into flight and turned around to ask whether or not he cast in the right spot...wrong move as the lure came into contact with the water it was exterminated and in my head I thought today is the day...whilst we were persuading the fish to come to the boat I had a small chance to wipe the sleep out my eyes and noticed another 3 or 4 shoals of bait along the edge we were fishing...unbelievably the fishing in the morning turned out to be way slower than I expected and by lunch time we only had 2 fish to the boat, with the out going tide now in full force I decided to relocate which turned out to be a fairly good choice and we had a really fun little session besides losing a heap of fish today we still managed to boat 12 GTs, a couple good size Mackerel and a really nice gold spot. It turned out to be a really enjoyable day which was only made more pleasant by the warm afternoon sunset as we returned back to the mothership on a glassy calm ocean.

Damon:- I had Peter, Greg and Sam onboard today, and we headed a few miles north to give the other guys some room to fish. First stop for the morning was a triple hookup on a big bommie inside the lagoon, and everyone was on the board straight away. Greg set the standard early landing a solid 30kg fish, and landing 7 GTs before lunch. We moved around a lot today trying to find good bait and every time we found it there were plenty of fish. The highlight of the day was a 28kg GT that chased Sam's goby lure all the way to the boat and when I yelled for him to stop the lure just meters from the side of the boat, the fish, which was in hot pursuit just nailed the lure in front of all onboard, truly spectacular stuff. We landed a few nice mackerel for dinner and Brett, our chef was also along for the ride today, and picked off a few coral trout. The fishing was really very good today, and we landed 22 GTs from 32 proper hook-ups. The best lures today were anything that skipped, but the Adhek Goby, and the Nomad Skipjack in 90 ond 150 size were standout performers. It seems that the larger fish really just love eating the Adhek Goby. It also should be said that the Orion Bigfoot 140 was catching plenty of fish before lunch, but after lunch it was all about skipping lures. Anyway, a great day on the water, with excellent weather and a very enjoyable bunch of guys. Can't wait for tomorrow.

Nick:- We travelled a few miles this morning and started fishing a little later than usual. The tide had already started slowing by then and there wasn't much movement anywhere. We travelled to our next reef to try and kill some time which worked really well as by 11 we had started seeing the water running out nicely. This in turn started to ring the dinner bell for the fish and we slowly started to see them. Not as hungry as yesterday but they were there. One by one we started to land some decent fish with our only lady onboard Jeana from Hawaii in the lead over the two guys by 3-1-0 the boys were definitely a lot quieter when Jeana landed her fourth GT for the day. With Pat her partner hot on her heels he managed to play some catch up during the afternoon also bringing his total up to four and Tak on one. With many fish lost during the day including a nice 40kg plus model who reefed Jeana on a Long Goby. We had a great day and managed to boat 9 GTs, gold spot, bludgers.